We were given the four poster room at the front of the hotel. This large room overlooks the stunning moated castle. The ensuite bathroom was clean and well appointed.(no rubber bath mat) Our friends had a room at the back which was also clean and fine but rather small, as were some other rooms that we saw. We found the food to be very good pub grub, not "fine dining" All the staff were pleasant and efficient. A very pretty village with a good Spa shop. We will most certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George at Nunney is an 17th century coaching Inn in the village of Nunney, in Somerset. The Inn is a firm favourite with locals, regulars and travelers alike and has established itself with a reputation for fine food, great service and a relaxing ambiance enhanced with open fires and sandstone walls.The bar, lounge and restaurant areas are all recently refurbished with great character, featuring exposed beams and large open fireplaces. The gardens are a haven for those who enjoy drinking or dining 'al fresco'.We have 9 spacious rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, and tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer and Television. A full locally sourced and acclaimed English breakfast is included in the price of our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George at Nunney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George At Nunney Somerset
- Hotel George At Nunney
- The George At Nunney Somerset