My wife and I were on our way down to Longleat for a day out my children had bought me for my birthday. We were initially going to drive down after work Thursday night and sleep in the Holiday Inn as we had to leave early in the morning, but after 5 attempts at booking on-line we gave up. We had heard of The George at Nunney on a previous visit and thought we'd try it. The booking went through very easily and was far cheaper than we expected, not much more than Holiday Inn and including a Full English breakfast and a large suite with a four-poster bed.
We were so impressed that we took the afternoon off work and dined there on the night before. The food was excellent as was the service and atmosphere.
We will certainly be going here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George at Nunney is an 17th century coaching Inn in the village of Nunney, in Somerset. The Inn is a firm favourite with locals, regulars and travelers alike and has established itself with a reputation for fine food, great service and a relaxing ambiance enhanced with open fires and sandstone walls.The bar, lounge and restaurant areas are all recently refurbished with great character, featuring exposed beams and large open fireplaces. The gardens are a haven for those who enjoy drinking or dining 'al fresco'.We have 9 spacious rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, and tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer and Television. A full locally sourced and acclaimed English breakfast is included in the price of our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The George at Nunney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George At Nunney Somerset
- Hotel George At Nunney
- The George At Nunney Somerset