Booked for three nights bed, breakfast and evening meal over the New Year, New Year's Eve had a buffet, New Year's Day found out at last minute that the kitchen would be closed after lunch so had to find alternative, when we got back found the hotel in darkness as they had closed at eight, and nobody had let us or our friends know.
But after saying that the food was very good, the rooms clean and beds very comfortable, the staff were excellent and friendly at all times. Would have rated them five but for the communications problem between management and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George at Nunney is an 17th century coaching Inn in the village of Nunney, in Somerset. The Inn is a firm favourite with locals, regulars and travelers alike and has established itself with a reputation for fine food, great service and a relaxing ambiance enhanced with open fires and sandstone walls.The bar, lounge and restaurant areas are all recently refurbished with great character, featuring exposed beams and large open fireplaces. The gardens are a haven for those who enjoy drinking or dining 'al fresco'.We have 9 spacious rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, and tea/coffee making facilities and a hairdryer and Television. A full locally sourced and acclaimed English breakfast is included in the price of our rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The George at Nunney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George At Nunney Somerset
- Hotel George At Nunney
- The George At Nunney Somerset