“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kaibo - Upstairs Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in North Side
Price range: US$9 - US$47
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Upstairs at Kaibo is renowned for Chef Laurence’s consistently excellent Michelin star standard and modern European techniques, using local and Caribbean ingredients, to create a masterpiece of a menu. The scenic view overlooking the tranquil North Sound is delightful, and the Rare Rum Lounge is decadently relaxed.
Pine Beach, New Jersey
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The owners and staff are lovely people. The setting and view are worth the trip alone. The food is well prepared with unique twists throughout. My 11 year old son who hates vegetables thought the zucchini soup was the best thing he'd ever eaten. I had the gnocchi's...we live in NJ and eat a lot of Italian food. These were the best gnocchi's I've ever eaten.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Montreal, Canada
“Awesome views with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This restaurant serves great food accompanied with awesome views! My family & I all chose the tasting menu and enjoyed it from appetizer to dessert. As many reviewers noted, the grouper was excellent! Thank you to the Kaibo staff for a memorable dining experience :o)

New York City, New York
“best of North Shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere and excellent tasting menu here - the grouper dish was superb. The outdoor dining overlooking the harbor was most pleasant. The service was attentive and prompt.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible Meals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I dined at Kaibo Upstairs twice during our one week visit to GC in March. We thought we should give the restaurant a try because we were staying at a beach house close by and after the first meal, we had to go back. Both nights we ordered the "Seafood" entrée. “Seafood” was a dish of scallops, shrimp and various types of fish in a red curry broth and it was delicious. The broth had a ton of flavor and the perfect amount of heat. I'm still thinking about the meal! We also enjoyed the "porthole" cocktail which was a pina colada, refreshing and a unique way to infuse and serve a drink. You have to ask the staff about it! If you're in the area you have to try Kaibo upstairs.

In the interest of full disclosure, I had the Grouper on the second night and it was too salty for my taste. Good thing my husband ordered the Seafood and was willing to share!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tara S
Chantilly, Virginia
“Everyone in unison: best meal we ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had the best dining experience at this restaurant. My sister who doesn't like fish ordered the grouper (recommendation by the owner) and said that it was amazing.Staff was very friendly and were great at having conversation with us. My dad and husband had a wonderful time ordering the Smoking Gun drink which was entertaining (watching the preparation) and delicious. We also got their version of a pina colada in a porthole which was also delicious and refreshing. Every meal we ordered was divine....you can't go wrong. My dad exclaimed after dinner that this was the best meal he has ever had in his entire life. The atmosphere and music was like being in a dream. It was an amazing dining experience.

1 Thank Daaxho