“Great ecological place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Verreveld

Verreveld
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londerzeel
Verreveld
Ranked #3 of 3 Londerzeel B&B and Inns
bangkok
“Great ecological place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

When I saw there was a vegan-friendly B&B, I had to stay there! It's a ways from Brussels, but in a very nice location and a good price. It's a short drive from the train station, which takes you to Brussels. Marleen, the owner (along with her husband), was nice enough to pick me up from the train and also dropped me off/picked me up there a couple other times during my stay when I went to explore Brussels and Ghent. The breakfasts were amazing! Each morning, Marleen cooked me more food than I could possibly eat. It wasn't the typical cereal and toast that one might expect, but rather a huge spread of cooked foods, including vegetables, rice dishes, fruit, soup, bread, and much more! All delicious and healthy! I also had a couple of lunches and dinner while I was there, which were all equally delicious. Dinner is a bit pricey, but you can request "lunch" for dinner, which costs less but is still plenty of food (just no soup and dessert). The accommodations were also great, with everything being very modern and newly furnished. It was like having my own spacious apartment, with a nice bedroom and bathroom. There was also a common room with a big screen TV and your own kitchen available to use if you needed it. Marleen was also super nice. Her kids were nice too. One of her sons helped me out when I had an issue connecting to the Internet. For some reason, my MacBook wouldn't pick up the Wi-Fi signal (only picked it up on my iPhone), but her son gave me a cord to borrow so I could plug in. Another one of her sons found me at the train station on his way back from school when I first arrived. It was later than I was supposed to get there and my phone wasn't working, so I could have been stranded if he hadn't found me there! Marleen also provided a map for a walking path that started from the B&B and went to the nearest town center. It turned out to be quite a nice walk through the countryside and I took some nice photos along the way. It's also a bike-friendly area. Marleen has a couple of bikes to borrow if you want to use one. You could easily bike to the train station. The B&B and surrounding location is also very quiet, so it was a good place for me to get some work done during my stay. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here and would be happy to go back if I ever make another trip through Belgium!
Pros: delicious food, friendly host, quiet location

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo