US$74
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$142
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$85
US$75
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$580
US$59
Hotels.com
US$79
US$72
US$77
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful venuelovely weddingwedding venuedaughters weddinglovely eveningbridal suitewine cellarsammie
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I'm not sure if I got married at the same place as some of the reviewers elsewhere on this site: my wife and I were delighted with how the day went. It must firstly be said that the venue is stunning and extremely photogenic. Our arrangements called for quite a few 'set changes' as furniture was moved From room to room between sections of the day: this was done efficiently and discretely, our guests never being inconvenienced. The staff were all excellent, demonstrating friendliness, diligence and a genuine sense that they cared about doing a good job. The food for the wedding breakfast was very good indeed. I would have liked a more imaginative selection of canapés at the drinks reception following the ceremony and the breakfast the next morning was a little limited, but these are not major criticisms; again, our guests were very satisfied with what they were served. The best point i can make about Woodborough Hall is how effectively everyone involved helped to organize our wedding at relatively short notice. New jobs meant that we were likely to be spending some time apart, so we were only able to give ourselves a two month lead time between deciding to get married and the event itself - the staff at Woodborough Hall not only accommodated this, but, if anything, turned it into a strength. Overall, we had a lovely day, followed by a stay in the hotel's 'Red Room', which was both spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adrian J
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Well where to begin, to start off we couldn't get any communication, thoughts ran through my head that they've taken our money and they'll shut down, reading reviews after booking made me feel on edge!
BUT! Never judge a place on previous reviews!
We got married here on the 7th January, communication was excellent when Bridget took control and really sorted things out.
The day it's self was absolutely amazing! Loads of staff on duty and everything was perfect! The chef did an amazing job, the bar staff were amazing! No job was too big or too small! Only thing I would recommend is drinking bottles of beer, the draft beers were awful! But bottled beer was great and the beer is the only thing I wouldn't recommend drinking! Every detail was amazing! We had the lantern package and this was a show steeler, they are in all photos and look amazing! They went to extreme lengths all day to ensure everyone was happy! The wedding ceremony went well, the canapés and cocktails went down a treat, the meal was as fantastic! The room was quickly turned around ready for our evening guests. The room we stayed in was fantastic although couldn't get hot water out the shower but the bath was great so didn't bother us. The breakfast the next day was mind blowing! Everything kept coming our way, from cereal, jot pastries which were amazing to a hot breakfast! They really did us proud and we can not thank the staff enough. Keep up the good work and we really hope people that have weddings booked here feel at ease because apart from the few issues we have raised we had an AMAZING day and wouldn't have changed anything about it. Thank you Woodborough hall you made our one and only wedding day one to remember and all our guests can't thank you enough! We can not wait for our anniversary meal next year!
Much love and appreciation Marcus and a Nicole Nelson

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank MarcusNelson23
Reviewed 12 January 2017

I was looking forward to staying here for 2 nights because the on-line photos looked terrific. I'm in Nottingham numerous times a year and was hoping for a lovely, quaint place to make my "home away from home" on an on-going basis but will never stay there again. Had I not pre-paid, i would've checked out after the first night.

Before I got there, I was never got a person on the phone to confirm my reservation (after at least 10 tries at varying times of the day! but I wasn't worried even then. I arrived after my long trip and checked in before my colleague. I was curious about the place and service because they had pretty holiday decorations up but the place looked run down.

I stayed in the white room. When the lights warmed up it changed from quaint to yuck. The walls and carpeting were revolting and stained everywhere (I didn't dare to take off my socks to walk on it) and there was a huge soft spot in the floor when you first walked in- it felt like the boards under the carpet were rotted through. The bed mattress was old and I found a small wire hoop on the sheets (better than a bug I suppose!). There was an electronic water heater, but there was no outlet close to plug it into and the cord was so short that i had to put it on the floor to use it! Then I discovered they had no tea bags either. The room was quite cold so I went to the heater and was grossed out by the stained curtains. The next morning I went to take a shower. The bathroom was recently redone (though still no outlets)... there was NO hot water in the shower, nor was there any water pressure - so much for a decent shower before going into the office! my colleague and I met for breakfast downstairs. Food was not set up at the time the ladies who checked us in the night before committed to- we ended up 15 minutes late to the office as a result. It turns out neither rooms had hot water or water pressure for the showers so we mentioned this- it was not a surprise and they stated they would have a plumber come correct it that day. We came back that evening and housekeeping had not been through, and there was no change to the plumbing situation. The next morning was even worse- there wasn't another soul awake until 15 minutes after we expected to be eating. We didn't have time to eat.

Upon checking out, we were told that we would get a discount on the bill because there was no housekeeping, no hot water and no food. It took me 2 WEEKS to get a response/invoice and when I did there was no discount they committed to providing.

Not only will I not be staying here again I will be actively advising colleagues against staying here as well. They had numerous chances to make things right and chose to not act on a single one.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
8  Thank Heidi W
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

A disaster for the bride and groom. They were stressed with the very poor performance of the staff. and guests. 3 hours for very poor food. The guests had to collect the plates up. Cold plates on the main course. Stuffing you couldn't cut . Very poor service
£4.80 per pint of poor tasting beer

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
8  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Don't believe everything you read in the local Press !

From our very first meeting with Timothy, we were put at ease. This venue is absolutely stunning and perfect in every way if you like quirky, shabby chic, intimate, atmospheric, welcoming and professional surroundings. The ceremony room is just perfect, the upstairs restaurant/function room is an intimate delight.
as for the food, WOW!!
Both Timothy and Betina were very professional, delivering on everything promised at our initial meeting, making our bespoke day just perfect. Betina ran the whole event to perfection no request was too much. Timothy was always on hand if we needed him without being intrusive.
The team on the day were positively accommodating, welcoming, friendly and professional. Unfortunately we didn't get to thank the kitchen staff personally but hope our thanks and praise of the meal they so lovingly prepared was passed on.
Our Brown Room (Bridal suite) was beautiful with a magnificent 4 poster.
the entire atmosphere was like home from home.

The staff that came on in the morning to prepare and serve breakfast were again lovely and professional and at the same time friendly.

the day before our special day, as you could imagine was stressful, however we were fully accommodated in being given access to set up our wedding breakfast room including help from the staff to unload my car, carry all boxes upstairs, offers to help what seemed like every 10 minutes. again nothing was too much trouble.
All of our personal decorations / items which were set up the day before were taken down caringly and stored safely for us to collect before we left and again, lots of offers of assistance to pack things away and carry out to my car.

My wife and I cannot express what a wonderful day we had, and yes a lot of that comes down to friends and family but also the venue and courteous, professional staff.
My wife and I sat in bed in our bridal suite with a box of chocolates and both said, "wish we could do it all again tomorrow".
We have had many functions/visits to woodborough hall over the years, and whilst some newspaper articles and negative reviews, would have you believe otherwise, we knew our day would be perfect and we were not disappointed.
We have had many txts from our guests saying "it was the best wedding they have ever been too"

Thank you Timothy, Betina and all the staff at Woodborough Hall.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family