See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here on Friday 16th March for our anniversary meal it was amazing nothing was too much trouble for the waitress she was very polite and attentive I would like to take this opportunity to thank her and please excuse that I am unaware of your name. Our meal was simply delicious!! Will definately be recommending and be back again! This simply stunning yet old and worn hall does not get near enough as much credit as it should do! It is a vintage hall it is expected to be characteristic and worn due to its age there are some simple parts that need a little attention I agree but honestly all this negativity I don't understand where it comes from well done Woodborough we thoroughly enjoyed keep up the good work!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marchlove
Reviewed 27 February 2018

After visiting Woodborough Hall for a friends 60th birthday,I thought I would return and take my brother in law & his wife for lunch.I rang on the sunday before to book a table but no one got back to me,I rang again another 5 times but no one returned my call,so living not far away I went to the hall.This was at 11am but it was all locked up.Strange as this is not what the web site is saying.After walking around a man asked me what I was doing ? I said I wanted to book a table today for four people for lunch.To be asked why didn't you ring ? I told him I had !! He then told me they are not doing lunches now and focussing more on corporate things now.How disappointed I was.I just turned to him and said its a good job I am not looking to book a £10.000 wedding.He just shut the door.A gardner told me that was Mr Timothy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank molly186356
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Had an offer for dinner. Place is obviously being renovated but despite this it is a truly lovely place. Staff were all lovely and extremely accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. We were not rushed at all. Relaxing dinner. Every course was worth waiting for as it was of a high standard- totally delicious and plenty of it!! What a lovely place for a wedding or afternoon tea in the orangery! I’m a bit amazed at some of the derogatory reviews as we must have gone to an entirely different place to those complaining!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My impression is that the cost of running this operation is possibly outstripping the income. For this we must sympathise and try to support this lovely establishment with their hard working people.

We had a lovely afternoon tea served delightfully but the property is in the process of being restored. Please be patient and positive in reviews if you have a sense of value in these brave families that try to bring our heritage properties back to life - go there and be sympathetic and helpful please.

I recommend.

Thank you to the family that runs Woodborough Hall.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank bucketlistman2014
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We had our wedding at Woodborough Hall in November 2017 and all I can way was it was perfect in every way possible. All of the staff worked so hard running up to the day and on the day and the next morning too. We couldn't have asked for anything more. perfect venue for us and wished I would do it all over again!!!
Seriously can't thank all of the staff enough they pulled out all of the stops and made sure we were all happy with everything through out the day.
Well done everyone!!