“A Truly French Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Magnolia

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Truly French Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

First of all, this beautiful house has a very special aura and our family had a smiley vocation with lots of beautiful recollections. I shall say our cordial thanks to Anne for taking care of us - from breakfast with big variety of French goodies to printing our online tickets. She was always there to answer all questions, to guide to right places, even where to buy right vine!
We lived in a family studio on the 2rd floor. Plenty of space, fans provided, towels of matching colors with bed sheets etc., we felt a thoughtful touch everywhere.
My two boys (4 and 10) love books and Anne has contributed there too. She brought plenty. Kids had their reading corner with small cushions, very cozy and peaceful to forget the world.
I felt that location has been just excellent. We could reach Paris by car and by train easily. We could make it to the seashore too. We wish this place to preserve its charms for many years to come!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Anne-Marie K, Propriétaire at Villa Magnolia, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
How I missed the four of you after you left, my dear guests! Not for too long though, because as usual I had to cope with such a big house! And, believe me, this is quite a job, watching after so many details in order to provide a comfortable and peaceful stay to my guests...I am glad you liked your studio on 2nd floor. Thanks for telling the others on Tripadvisor, for there are still various availabilities during the summer and for next automn.
Best regards to all of you, and a tender hug to your children.
Anne Klotz
Villa Magnolia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I, daughter (20) and son (3) stayed at Villa Magnolia for 2 nights while we were in the area for a friends wedding in a nearby village. We arrived after a long drive from Sheffield, England in the early evening and were greeted in the beautiful garden by Anne, our hostess, who immediately offered us refreshing drinks and welcomed us to her beautiful house. The accommodation for the 4 of us was on the top floor of the house. My daughter and son shared the main room which had a large double bed, single bed and a living area with TV and comfortable chairs. A hallway then leads to the large shower room and the bedroom. This is a large double bedroom that Anne had thoughtfully made up an extra bed in case our young son wanted to be with us...or in case his big sister wanted a room to herself! We were immediately impressed with the plentiful range of furniture, lighting, towels and homely feel of the whole house. The weather was extremely hot and Anne had provided large fans in each bedroom which we were very thankful for over the weekend heatwave! After showing us around and making sure we were settled in, Anne correctly predicted that we would be hungry and recommended a number of nearby restaurants. She has even got a 10% discount for guests of Villa Magnolia at 4 of them!
After a comfortable nights sleep, Anne served an excellent breakfast at a time that we had requested. She catered for all of our needs with plenty of warm breads, pastries, jams, yoghurt, fruits and other delicious surprises. Fruit juice, teas and coffees were poured for us while we ate and then while our 4 year old ran around the spacious and colourful gardens, Anne chatted with us about the local history and recommended some châteaus that we could visit that morning before the wedding later in the afternoon.
We will fondly remember our weekend stay and hospitality at Villa Magnolia and highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anne-Marie K, Propriétaire at Villa Magnolia, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear visitors,
Thanks a lot for your message about Villa magnolia.The fact is it was a pleasure having such guests as your lovely family: I really felt accommodating friends and wished the four members of your delightful family feel home and comfortable.
French breakfast as all continental breakfasts aren't as richly cooked a meel as in U.K. But I try and prepare samples of home made specialties ( yoghurts, creams, cakes, cereals, little sausages, fruit cup, cheese, honey from the village behives, French full flour bread -"baguette"-, , chocolate brioche, etc.) and I am glad you really appreciated all that.
I was quite aware it was such a long trip driving down from Sheffied! Of course you were welcomed with a cool drink in the garden: if you come back in Automn, when it's cold and foggy, you'll get a nice cup of tea, our best tea, the one you tried I gather: Mariage, the best French tea. Come and try it, we will be sitting by the fire place instead of fans...but the landscapes around are indeed amazing in Automn too!
A special kiss to your little Benjamin. Best thoughts to Keziah,Tom and you, dear Emma.
Anne Klotz
Villa magnolia
8 rue Robert Connan
27510 Pressagny l'Orgueilleux
France

02 32 71 05 44 or 06 83 49 63 40
Lakeside Park, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife Angela and I stayed at Villa Magnolia in April of 2013. When we were planning on our France vacation, we wanted our first two nights in the country to be close to Giverny, the first major attraction we wanted to see, and we didn't want the drive to be too far from the airport when we arrived, given our jet lagged condition. I don't think we could have chosen better! After touring Monet's Giverny, we arrived in the small village of Pressagny L'Orguielleux after a twenty minute easy drive. The village itself amazed me with it's picturesque collection of charming old buildings, all immaculately maintained. Villa Magnolia is slightly off the main road, but a sign alerted us to this right away. When we got there, the proprietor, a wonderful lady named Anne, came immediately out to greet us. I should say Anne and her friendly dog Gaia came out to greet us! Anne impressed us with her warm and cheery demeanor, and she brought us in to her beautiful home. Our room was on the second floor, and it overlooked her scenic backyard. The room with the double bed was spacious and clean, and it opened up to a second room which contained the toilet and shower, along with some exercise equipment.

We came down in the morning to a delightful French breakfast, including Anne's homemade yogurt, some fantasic cooked apples, croissants, and fruit. Anne was attentive to every detail, and she made sure we had everything we needed. After our second day at Villa Magnolia, we were scheduled to travel on to our next location. Before we did, however, Anne sat down and talked to us about our travel plans, and she mentioned several ideas that we would have never considered...if you can, visit the small village of Gerberoy about an hour north of Pressagny, what beauty! (Thanks Anne.) This is an excellent choice for a night or two as a base to begin to explore Normandy. You're twenty minutes from Monet's village, and you're only about 45 minutes from the wonderful city of Rouen.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Anne-Marie K, Propriétaire at Villa Magnolia, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Angela, dear Jeff,
What a lovely description you just e-mailed! Thanks for it: 5/5 is not too bad, is it?
You expected a nice week-end: I am so glad you felt you had it. Because you came from so far and seemed so deeply interested by art , especially architecture and painting, just as I am: yes indeed, I appreciate sharing a few things I know, gathered here and there, about this spot, so well situated, near Claude Monet's house and Giverny Impressionnism museum, Château-Gaillard medieval fortress, Italian Renaissance Gaillon castle, etc.
What a pity I am not supposed to evaluate and send quotations concerning my favourite hosts: you would have deserved a 5/5 as well, for your friendly sens of contact and the way you expressed how much you cared about the beauty of our landscapes and historical centers of interest...
Thanks a lot for having sent your opinion about Villa Magnolia, which now enters its 2nd season under really favourable and kind auspices: if by any chance I fly one day or the other towards Cincinati, I'll ring you up, pop in for a few precious minutes and ask you where to go and what to do: I guess you would give me helpfull advices, wouldn't you?
At this very moment, I have special thoughts for American People, coping with terrorism once more. Cincinatti and France are far away from Boston but we all feel close to the victims , don't we?
Yours
Anne
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

If you want ‘The real France’ then this is for you. A beautiful Wisteria covered house furnished in a quirky French style. The village is very peaceful & quiet with many beautiful houses and is a short walk from the river Seine. Anne was a lovely hostess and couldn’t have been more welcoming or helpful.

We happily recommend Villa Magnolia.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Anne-Marie K, Propriétaire at Villa Magnolia, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear friend,
I am glad you have such a positive opinion on my "real French maison", as you say. I try and do my best to effer all one can reasonnably hope from a short stay in such a place: local food, local habits, local touch, genuine original terracota and wooden floors, typical French Normandy ealy XIXth century "maison de maître", completely renovated in 2011.
If you happen to come back to Normandy, please just pop in: I'll be delighted to welcome you!
Yours sincerely
Les Gets, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed at Villa Magnolia whilst on business in the area. I found the welcome very warm and the room very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and generous and the house is in a lovely location. I would recommend this B&B for a base to explore the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
My dear,
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you, eventhough it was not such a long visit!
As you could see, I really do love speaking English with my hosts from abroad. Making people feel comfortable with our habits concerns all one may expect from a bed & breakfast inn: explanations, leaflets and various litterature about the spot at one's disposal, electric tea-pot for an early morning tea, and so on. You had so many centers of interest to discover: I was glad to help you choose where to go and what to see. For, as you certainly gathered, the villa is surrounded by many a castle and many a wonderful natural landscape.
I do hope you keep lots of good impressions from this part of Normandy, so near Ile de France and Paris ( 45 minuts from Paris Saint Lazare railway station!) and , though,in the real wild...
Yours
#3 of 6 in Pressagny L'Orgueilleux
Les Hautes Sources
Les Hautes Sources
#1 of 2 in Menilles

Been to Villa Magnolia? Share your experiences!