“super relaxed stay with amazing food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alvediston
The Crown Inn Alvediston
Ranked #1 of 1 Alvediston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent a much needed Saturday night off in the total peace and calm of the Crown Inn last weekend. The pub is literally in the middle of nowhere with fabulous log fires and super friendly service. We had a lovely dinner with partridge and some wonderful veggie options too. The rooms are cosy with their own ensuites under the eaves of the thatch.

There are loads of local walks to choose from - all from right outside the front door ....

The pet sheep were entertaining too!

Room Tip: all nice and cosy - only four to choose from.. we had number 2 which was great with a power shower...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BeaT T

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Visited on the off chance of getting a table for a sunday roast without booking and we were lucky. We always feel so at home here. This was our second visit for food and the roast was amazing! Also Love the alviston ale .Went away feeling nicely full. We will be back that's for sure.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Recently spent a relaxing 3 night stay at The Crown. Warm welcome from Dave and Linda.
Our room was clean with creaking floorboards which you would expect from a building of this age and only added to the experience. Food was very good and we ate dinner all 3 evenings.
Good selection of Real Ales from local breweries. Weather was very kind to us and we spent 2 days walking in the beautiful local countryside.
If you want somewhere to stay to recharge your batteries i can recommend The Crown

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichaleenOgeFlynn
Reviewed 20 May 2013

To cut a long story short we were subjected to a catalogue of issues such that we refused to stay the night and refused to pay for the accommodation that we were not prepared to use and the food that we were not going to eat. It seems that as the establishment had my credit card details they still took unauthorised payments.
We arrived at 2pm and the bar area was so cold that after two drinks and a sandwich each we decided to go elsewhere and warm up. We were also subjected to the owners very smelly dogs who slobbered over us as we attempted to eat or lunch. Our room was unheated also and we were promised that this would be rectified by the time we returned.
We returned at 7:30pm to find the bar and restaurant area so cold that I went to my room to put on a cable jumper. The room was still cold and the radiator was still not on. I reported this issue again and was questioned as to if I knew how to operate the radiator correctly. The pint of beer that was ordered was cloud and tasted off. I was told that it may be because of the cold and was made to feel awkward when asking for a replacement.
The final straw was when we were both served our main meal, game pie, which was stone cold in the middle. I returned to the room to find it still very cold, picked up my bags and reported the reason for refusing to pay for the accommodation or the meal. The advertising describes the log fires and depicts a cosy and warm thatched inn. When I mentioned the lack of heating I was informed that the log burner in the main bar was broken and “what did I expect when staying in such and old building”. I expect some heating in my room and not to have to wear a coat indoors.
I was happy to pay for what we had drunk and the sandwiches we ate, but refused to pay for the accommodation and evening meal. I was told that we HAD to pay for the first night stay of £45 included in the total of £88.60. This included the room that I have not used except to place my unopened bags in. I refused and walked out in discussed, with our weekend away ruined and drove the 100 plus miles home that evening. I now find that they have taken a second payment over a week later for a further £45 and I have no idea what this was for.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just returned from The Crown after a 2 night stay. Fantastic location set in beautiful countryside. Dinner was good and breakfasts superb both fresh and well cooked. Linda is an absolute natural and makes you feel at home as soon as you arrive. Great selection of ale and ciders. Great base to return to after a day of site seeing. We will most certainly return in the summer and subject ourselves to Linda and her hospitality again.

Room Tip: Just remember this is a 15 C inn bathrooms are small but perfectly acceptable
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulL L
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the crown in may, was back in the area visiting family and was recommended to stay here. Very friendly and warm welcome by the landlord and landlady, rooms were spacious, very clean and well presented! The decor perfectly matched the pub and location, everything was in working order! Always a bonus! Excellent dinner! Great choice and presented! Breakfast was delicious! And we got to choose when we wanted it! Will be staying here again! And so should you!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jamie-mob
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed for a second time last weekend and enjoyed it as much as the first time - it was great to be welcomed back like old friends. My partner loved the real ale and enjoyed taking some home for the following evening too. I loved just being able to put my feet up by the lovely fire. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 576Emma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvediston
The Grove Arms
#2 of 3 in Broad Chalke
Greenbank B&B
Greenbank B&B
#1 of 1 in Bowerchalke

Been to The Crown Inn Alvediston? Share your experiences!