“Ok ”
Review of Grasmere Court

Grasmere Court
Ranked #5 of 10 Keynsham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 10.30pm and had to park quite distance away as there was no parking at hotel , it was full. Polite lady at reception showed me to my room which was right next to reception. Door was wide open and I thought I was being shown into a cupboard ! Room spotless, bed comfy toilet huge and clean. Room noisy because reception just through the wall and I was awoken several times by the comings and goings there. Breakfast was awful. Ordered scrambled eggs on toast and tea. The lady when hearing my accent ( I'm from Scotland ) looked at me muttered something and walked away. Their were 4 people in for breakfast and it took 25 mins to bring my just my scrambled eggs which wasn't cooked properly and I still haven't got my tea. At this point I collected my stuff checked out and started the long walk back to my car.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank weesav

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very clean and comfortable friendly and helpful staff and value for money would defiantly stay here again wifi was an added bonus as most places you only get half an hour the bar is also very good as is the food some of the complaints I have read are so mean glad I didn't read them before I went there

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. I thought it was strange that when I first went to my room (14) the door was open and the windows in the room were open. I found out why at around 4 am. The stench of sewerage from my shower room was over powering and woke me up. In the morning it was mentioned to the person manning the reception. She informed me that there was a problem with sewerage from outside the hotel which affected a couple of rooms and her own house across the road from the hotel. So it appears the hotel is very aware of the problem but was happy to rent out the room. PROFITS BEFORE GUEST COMFORT!! Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Take a gas mask !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staying at various hotels on a regular basis, I would say this is an average hotel.

There is carparking at the front and I was lucky to get the last place. I presume you park on the side street if its full.

The check in was polite and easy.

The hotel is quite old so you won't get exceptional quality, its OK for its age.

My room was on a landing, adjacent to the main stairs, but I didn't get woken by anoyone passing by.

The room was clean and tidy. The bed was confortable and a small TV is provided which had good reception.

The shower water pressure was poor and the heat control was difciult to set. It was either scolding or cold.

I didn't use the bar, nor did I eat, so cannnot comment on these facilities.

I did get wi-fi reception in the room.

Check out was easy and I did feed back the shower issue.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ManchesterGlen
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Me and my family and relatives stayed over Xmas visiting Bristol for the Xmas market also the bath Xmas party....perfect location ....the hotel was lovely with friendly staff and a perfect breakfast to start the day..the bar and lounge was a nice bonus....the staff also gave us valuable information regarding places to eat in the area .thank you for making us feel so welcome

The Davis family

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely with coffee making facilities
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

stayed at this hotel 27/28 December whilst visiting our Son, daughter in law and grandchildren, and must say we were not disappointed, the room (no 2) although right next to reception was quiet it was spotlessly clean and had the largest bathroom we have ever had, didn't use the shower so cannot comment on power but the large corner bath was a dream and with lashings of hot water was a lovely way to end a tiring day .. breakfast was very good and cannot fault quality, we stayed at the grange hotel last time and must say the grasmere is far superior all in all a very good stay and we will be back on our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed with my wife on Dec 27th. Greeted by a friendly waitress would couldn't do enough for us. Due to the holiday season the restaurant was closed so I cannot comment but the breakfast more than adequate. Rooms clean and tidy. No complaints from us. We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keynsham
Arnos Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
Old Manor House Hotel
Old Manor House Hotel
#4 of 10 in Keynsham

Been to Grasmere Court? Share your experiences!