“A welcome refuge from the rain”

Birchill Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sherbrooke
Birchill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Sherbrooke B&B and Inns
Winnipeg, Canada
“A welcome refuge from the rain”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I enjoyed a relaxing night at Birchill Bed and Breakfast and waited out a heavy downpour. I would have loved to have seen it in the sunshine!

The Birchill was a lovely family home and I enjoyed getting to know the hosts.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 23 February 2011

After a two night stay this Bed&Breakfast I have to say that it was one of the best places we stayed on our two week trip around Nova Scotia. The hosts (a younger couple) were fantastic, meeting us outside as soon as we arrived. After enjoying a cup of coffee, and spent time walking around their lovely yard, and taking pictures of their on site fish pond. There are two Bed&Breakfast rooms, located in the basement of the house, with private entrance to each room from the ground level. The rooms are spacious, and beautifully decorated. I found the rooms, and bathrooms to be very very clean, and well kept up. The tiled shower in the Room #2 bathroom is amazing!
Me and my husband slept great at night, and woke up early to take in all the sites around the community. It was also great waking up each morning to a yummy full breakfast (we had the pancakes, and they were awesome!) and the host was very friendly, and we had great conversation with her.

We had a great two day stay here, and would recommend it to anyone traveling in Nova Scotia.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NovaScotia1992
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I stayed here for 1 night as I was on my way up to Cape Breton. Lucky that I had to leave early in the morning, as I cannot recommend to stay here at all. The rooms itself would have been nice, if only they were not so dark and if they were clean at all. Both guest rooms have their own entry, but there were lots of ants on the inner side of the door. The bed was humid and the room smelt musty. It was also very loud as the hosts and their kids live upstairs and made lost of noise. I also heared some kind of washing machine all night long. I didn't feel well there at all, and due to the noise I nearly got no slepp.

One thing that was positive about it was the delicious breakfast. I liked the homemade pancakes, fresh fruit and watching the hummingbirds in the morning.

The hosts received their permission to run the B&B in early spring 2010. I don't understand why it was so dirty and muggy. Also, they must have seen the ant colony inside the room. Anyway, I hope this changes and that other travellers have better things to tell about this B&B. I would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank felis24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherbrooke
Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 3 in Sherbrooke
St. Mary's River Lodge
St. Mary's River Lodge
#2 of 3 in Sherbrooke

Been to Birchill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!