“So-so in Sherbrooke”

Sherbrooke Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch as we didn’t see any other restaurants on Hwy 7 between Antigonish and Halifax. Service was friendly but a bit slow as the food is prepared when ordered. The fish and chips came with a decent serving of fish for a lunch and quite a lot of fries. But the “French toast” was just regular toast with some cinnamon sprinkled on. In hind sight, a better option would have been to buy sandwiches at Antigonish and stop for lunch at one of the many picnic areas with great views of the lakes along the highway.

1  Thank CFH_NOLA

Reviewed 20 May 2014

What a lucky man I was to have the delightful experience of dinning at the Sherbrooke Village Inn on Sunday, May 18, 2014. Having stayed at the Inn many years ago, I was looking forward to see the Inn and having a late lunch there. (2 pm).

I was warmly greeted by the new owner's daughter and offered a window seat with a view of the flowers blooming in the front yard. Within moments of being seated, I was welcomed by the most interesting and charming young waitress I have met in a very, very long time. The pleasant waitress was able to make me feel very welcomed and when asked, recommended the "Fish Pie" for lunch.

The Fish Pie was delicious to say the least, fresh, cooked to perfection and served with a green salad that looked like it was prepared with hand picked produce. The pie had a mild smokey flavour to it that added greatly to the dish. The fish was cooked to tender flaky texture. The whipped potato topping was cooked to a eye catching golden hue

Even the flatware was wrapped in a napkin to complete the presentation.

The Inn's motto is "Nova Scotia's Best Kept Secret" and I certainly agree with that sentiment.

So, do yourself a great favour and stop in and have a meal. You will consider yourself very clever for doing so. After all its, "Nova Scotia's Best Kept Secret" !

BH / May 2014

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Although we didn't stay at the motel we thoroughly enjoyed the food and service at this lovely restaurant. We were driving the coastline of Nova Scotia and due to construction and detours were delayed in our travels. This being off season most places were closed but we happened upon the Sherbrooke Village Inn. What a lucky break for us. The food was reasonable but most of all delicious! The service was wonderful and the portions large. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had the good fortune to call in for lunch on our way along the Marine Drive. They were testing out their new burger menu. We had a warm welcome and a good chat with the owners/staff, they were all really friendly and the service was excellent.
The burgers were a good size and very tasty. Particularly enjoyed the taco burger, which we've tried to replicate since getting home.
Scoring down on atmosphere is to with the decor, it could do with brightening up a bit but I'm sure this is something the new owners will get around to sometime soon.
Wish we'd had a bit more time in the area as we definitely would have visited again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

After spending the day in Sherbrooke Village, we didn't want to drive far for dinner so we tried this place. We had surf and turf and poached salmon. Both dinners came with baked potatoes and carrots and green beans. The food was basic and not pretentious, but we have eated at fancier places where the food was not as good. Apparently the Inn has recently been taken over by the woman who was at the front when we arrived, and though we didn't stay here, we thought this was a reasonable place for dinner. I had pretty good rhubarb crumble for dessert while my wife passed on anything after dinner.