“Destination Pub”
Review of The Dorset Arms

The Dorset Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dorset Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Withyham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lexington, Ky
“Destination Pub”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was traveling through London and heard about this Pub. After doing my research and learning that an old Time Magazine named this spot one of the world's best pubs, I ventured to Sussex to try it for myself. Time Magazine was spot on! Everything about this spot was special from the delicious cuisine to fantastic atmosphere to friendly staff. In fact, I enjoyed my lunch so much that I came back for dinner! For lunch, I ordered the steak special which was cooked perfectly and had an herb butter that complemented the delicious beef. I finished lunch with two scoops of some of the best ice cream I've ever had. For dinner, I ordered the lemon sole. Again, the meal was flawlessly prepared and had a beautiful presentation. The warm atmosphere and attentive, knowledgeable staff helped create a most enjoyable experience. This was definitely worth the trip and I will certainly be a repeat customer.

4 Thank Drew717

Sussex
“Can't wait to return.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Having looked forward to visiting, post the pub's recent renovation, I was very impressed after enjoying lunch here today. The interior decor is superb and uniquely attractive complimenting a lovely menu of reasonably-priced and well-made dishes. The bar staff is friendly, welcoming and attentive. Ten out of ten!

3 Thank Neal1967
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went for Sunday lunch and had the Lamb roast dinner followed by the Summer Fruits Crumble.

The service was efficient, the food was great and the portions were excellent (especially the Crumble).

They are a bit OCD about cleaning the tables, I noticed one table had been cleaned 3 times between customers, still at least you know they value cleanliness.

A table decoration to brighten up the tables would be good. I would definitely go back for more.

2 Thank shawej
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Such a disappointment.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went for a family meal -4 of us. We stood at the bar for a good ten minutes before we were acknowledged (plenty of staff but busy talking to the locals) we ordered our drinks which were wrong so had to be re ordered, asked for a table in the so called restaurant which took nearly fifteen minutes to sort out despite the restaurant not being busy. The atmosphere was horrible, it had a real 'pompous' feel about it as if we weren't good enough to be there.
The menu was very poor, hardly any choices and at ridiculous prices. We all ordered something different and were all disappointed with the portion sizes.
Really found the whole experience very poor and would not wish to visit again.

1 Thank angeh15
yorkyibiza
“Basic menu with high quality food”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Apparently this restaurant has only been open in it's current form for 6 weeks or so as it has been completely refurbished. The menu is quite small and traditional (we had ham hock terrine, prawn cocktail, liver and bacon and lemon sole), the ingredients are locally sourced where possible and the quality and taste are excellent. The staff are very professional and extremely welcoming, making the whole experience a real pleasure. At the end of your meal, check out the range of single malts!! Thanks to Charlie, Bish and the team.

2 Thank yorkyibiza