“return to near home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bull Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swyre
The Bull Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Swyre B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“return to near home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

this pub when i lived in Puncknowle was my local and was always a friendly place and when i left the area 5 years ago i have returned 5 times since then and have always been treated excellent will return agai later in the year at least once probably twice-a very friendly hostel

Room Tip: the rooms on the upper level are good
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

While on a cycle of the area, the heavens opened just as I was passing so I popped in for a tea. Duly ordered the woman mentioned I couldn't pay by card. No problem. I had cash. I was told it would take a few minutes. No problem, happy to wait. But when I was told I would have to drink in the rather charmless restaurant area next door, I said I would rather have it at the bar. I was seated at the end out of the way. Being in my cycling gear I would rather not sit at the lone table in the middle of a large room. She was having none of it, I couldn't have it at the bar, or any of the other tables in the section I was sat in. If I wanted tea, I had to drink it there.

What a miserable woman with no concept of hospitality, if I cycle past again I will bring a dictionary so you can look up the word.

Charmless, soulless, throwback to the 90's kind of pub with no feeling of welcoming whatsoever.

AVOID!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Campbell1981
Wokingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Decided to end a lovely holiday with a meal out, wished we hadn't chosen The Bull Inn. Six meals were ordered, first two meals turned up 45 minutes later. One of them was the wrong meal! This was taken back and we were told it would have to be recooked. Third meal arrived after another five minutes. Side order to that meal came after a further five minutes. This was an order of onion rings which were so burnt they were actually black. Two more meals arrived, at which time we told the waitress to take the onion rings away. The final meal arrived after the first two had finished. No explanation or apology was offered. Replacement onion rings came but too late as the meal they went with had been eaten. One meal, chicken burger appeared not to be cooked. When taken back to the bar, the barman took it to the kitchen only to return to say the chef said he had probed it and it was the right temperature. No apology for our concern nor reassurance. Needless to say we didn't eat that meal. When the waitress cleared our plates away she asked if everything was ok, when we said no, she just shrugged her shoulders. We won't be visiting this establishment again and will be writing an official complaint directly to the proprietor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Debbie S
Bridport, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Called in for a beer before a wedding reception. Main clientele were holidaymakers. Three cask beers on the bar - all in great condition. Usual pub games. Large seating area. Food looked tasty. Didn't eat there but seems greatly improved since I last visited some 8 years ago.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DrEggs
Weymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stopped off for a spot of lunch while out for a drive with my wife.We enjoyed a very nice lunch. we had the Ham & mature Cheese ploughmans and the bacon & brie baguete with side order of chips, good portion sizes and well put together, Good service. Reasonable prices. Well kept guiness. Would certainly use again if passing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Fourteen of us stayed for my daughters wedding week-end. What can I say. Staff and owner were very friendly, the dinner (We all sat down together) was very good, and everyone got what they ordered (We let them know what our orders were in advance having phoned for a menu) on time, and hot. The steaks were particularly good.
The rooms were clean, fresh and recently upgraded. The breakfasts were anything you liked from toast up to full English breakfast, and the breakfast staff were friendly and helpful.
We all felt relaxed and rested before the big day on the Saturday, and we all felt very well looked after for the whole stay.
Thanks to everyone at the Bull for a VERY memorable and special week-end. Ian C.

Room Tip: The upstairs double at the front of the accomodation was great. You can see the sea from it's do...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Weymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We pass this place a lot when commuting to Bridport. Today, pushing time we decided to stop for lunch. The place was empty - not a good sign. We each ordered a baguette which when it came was overcooked and burnt on the edges. At £4.95 for a shop bought part-baked baguette and a very small salad garnish, we felt overcharged. The rest of the menu was overpriced too.
The surroundings are very dated and 'dark and dismal'. 80's music was playing quite loudly in the background. Sadly we won't be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rover57_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swyre
The Ilchester Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Bexington
Florian Guest House
Florian Guest House
#95 of 170 in Weymouth

Been to The Bull Inn? Share your experiences!