“Couldn't fault the eggcup”
Review of Eggcup Tearooms

Eggcup Tearooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Swyre
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed in dorset for a week and went there twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch and couldn't fault it. It was friendly and value for money and the food was lovely.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank Karl I

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Being local to the area I've passed by many times. The very name smacks of cosy tea rooms and quality. This is basically a converted half of a modern agricultural building; a cafe with a garden.
The prices are a little on the high side.
We ordered at the counter and waited nearly 30 minutes for one tea and one coffee. The teapot lid was very, vey badly chipped and when I commented the waitress said 'yes it has been knocked about a bit' but didn't replace it. At nearly £3 for tea for one I don't think it unreasonable to expect a chip free tea pot.
My omelette was very, very over cooked, probably finished under the grill, and had the texture of an airline omelette. My dads crab sandwich was good though
There'll be no return visit for me.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stopped here for a cream tea and we were not disappointed, the scones were huge, still warm and the cream and strawberry jam was delicious, on top of that the wonderful panaramic views. Stunning.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Was very dissapointed! Excellent location, beautiful view and that's as far as the compliments go. Was completely ignored for ages, there was no atmosphere at all, when I read 'scones served on a takeaway plate' I knew we had made a mistake. There are many more better places, don't waste your time here.

Date of visit: May 2013
2  Thank RGintrepidtraveller
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We actually spend weekends in Dorset just to visit the Eggcup tearooms and we are returning tomorrow for our 4th visit! I have a cream tea every time and it is enormous. 2 large scones with lashings of clotted cream and jam (no butter though).
The view from the outside seating area is amazing. I have never sat inside, so this weekend will be a 1st.
The only reason that I mark this down a point is that on our 1st visit the staff were lovely. On our 2 subsequent visits the same lady served us and she was distinctly disinterested in us and not at all welcoming. A nice smile would have made this review 5 stars.
We will see what this weekend brings...

Date of visit: September 2012