The Plough Inn is indeed a very old hostelry set in picturesque surroundings.
John and Mary, the owners were delightful. We had booked one night but enjoyed
being there so much we stayed another.
The cobbled courtyard, the quirky interior, the very comfortable and clean rooms
we stayed in were exactly right as a pleasant stopover on our journey.
Excellent breakfast tasty authentic Asian dinner.
I suggest you spend a little more and upgrade to the converted barn bedroom.
Great value for money, incredibly quaint village and only a few minutes drive to
Oxford. A fabulous old city with so many places to view.
Could have happily stayed much longer but schedule would not permit.
We had some business to attend to as well and with John's help we were able
to do so.
I had lost my toothbrush at the last moment, Mary gave me a new one.
That's the kind of service which, to me, suggests, at the least, a 4*.
First class service, delightful, well furnished room, super clean and gorgeous
I wish them well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plough B & B is a 16th Century building which has kept some of its original features such as its thatched roof and inglenook fireplace set in the heart of Oxfordshire near the river Thames. 2.7 miles to Dorchester on Thames, 4-5 miles to Didcot & Harwell, Milton Park and Abingdon, 7 miles to center of Oxford & university colleges. All of our rooms are en suite with hair dryer, trouser press, tea & coffee making facilities,a small fridge, 32" - 43" free view televisions with USB ports for playing home movies & photos, bluray player provided upon request, Wifi is free ( fibre optic broad band up to 200 meg. will be installed before mid of December 2015 ). * Please note there is no restauratn or pub in the building. * Free parking is ganranteed available even for 600 size van. There are a few restaurants nearby. The Barley Mow restaurant is 5 mins walk away by the bridge near the river Thames, The chequershere the chef cooks deliciou food is 1.1 miles and 3 mins drive or if you fancy a delicious indian or another traditional pub food is 1.3 miles to next village in Long Whitenham. The famous Crazy Bear hotel & Restaurant is also 3.5 miles away. A small village store & post office is across the main road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Clifton Hampden
- The Plough Inn Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire