Cold wet windy night, and we find this charming, warm, friendly place to stay. Pretty room, quite large, bathroom ensuite bath and separate shower. Towels could have been softer, but this applies to so many places. Very good hosts, very comfy four poster bed. So warm. Thoroughly recommend it, if you are near here. Oh yes breakfast was good as well. Fantastic old place with thatch, very atmospheric.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plough B & B is a 16th Century building which has kept some of its original features such as its thatched roof and inglenook fireplace set in the heart of Oxfordshire near the river Thames. 2.7 miles to Dorchester on Thames, 4-5 miles to Didcot & Harwell, Milton Park and Abingdon, 7 miles to center of Oxford & university colleges. All of our rooms are en suite with hair dryer, trouser press, tea & coffee making facilities,a small fridge, 32" - 43" free view televisions with USB ports for playing home movies & photos, bluray player provided upon request, Wifi is free ( fibre optic broad band up to 200 meg. will be installed before mid of December 2015 ). * Please note there is no restauratn or pub in the building. * Free parking is ganranteed available even for 600 size van. There are a few restaurants nearby. The Barley Mow restaurant is 5 mins walk away by the bridge near the river Thames, The chequershere the chef cooks deliciou food is 1.1 miles and 3 mins drive or if you fancy a delicious indian or another traditional pub food is 1.3 miles to next village in Long Whitenham. The famous Crazy Bear hotel & Restaurant is also 3.5 miles away. A small village store & post office is across the main road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Clifton Hampden
- The Plough Inn Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire