This is a gorgeous Somerset working farm, and the owners, Lizzie and John, provide a very warm welcome and excellent service.
There's accommodation of all shapes and sizes to be had here, from ensuite rooms and summerhouses, to gypsy caravans and camping, and it's all beautifully decorated in a warm and homely style. Kids would love it here, with the unconventional sleeping arrangements and livestock wandering around.
I stayed a night in the panelled room which was decadently cosy (or cosily decadent) and had a huge bed, meaning the dog could stretch out as usual without relegating me to a cold night on the edges of the duvet. The drive to Huntstile was long and difficult, so Lizzie very kindly cooked me a delicious evening meal rather than making me head out again to a restaurant.
Breakfast the next morning was hearty and set us up perfectly for a romp around the surrounding countryside. The scenery was peaceful and beautiful.
All in all, I found this place enchanting, and I hope to head back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Huntstile Organic Farm. Excellent food and service, lovely old farmhouse with many original features dating back to 1430. Wide Tudor doorways and real wood-burning stoves, stone mullioned windows and exposed beams all contribute to Huntstile's unique character. Peaceful and out of the hustle and bustle - the perfect getaway, and just 2.5 Hours from London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, PitchUp, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Hotel.de so you can book your Huntstile Organic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huntstile Organic Farm Hotel Goathurst
- Huntstile Organic Farm Goathurst, Somerset, UK