“A very nice family lunch”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bentley
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Star Inn Bentley Freehouse, Farnham, Surrey & Hampshire - Good, home-made pub food, real ales & great wines in a tranquil setting.
Reviewed 8 December 2016

I went with my grandchildren, we had a nice lunch, enjoyed by us all.
There was a lovely fire burning and it was most welcoming on a cold day.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

What a lovely village pub with extensive menu, lovely friendly staff and very nice food. There were 8 of us and we mostly ordered roast dinners. I had roast pork which was very tasty but the only one to have a significant amount of fat on my plate. We could have done with a bit of crackling too but all the veg were beautifully cooked. The desserts were great but don't order the crumble unless you are very hungry, it was massive. Will certainly meet here again and can recommend.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Often visited this pub to meet family for lunch as it's 40 minutes from home. Always has a good choice of draft bitter in good condition and reasonably priced. Good selection of English food which I suspect is locally sourced. Today I had a 'special' which was seafood omelette and it was excellent. Very pleasant and helpful landlady. In the past we have visited with young children and the staff have been very accommodating. Also dog friendly. I have always enjoyed my visits to this pub.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

First time we have been here and it won't be our last!! Food, service, value for money and everything was excellent. The whole of our party of 6 felt the same.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

My wife and I used this pub for the first time as a convenient place to meet my son and daughter-in-law for Sunday lunch. When we arrived at 12.30, the venue seemed ominously quiet, but the pub side soon livened up as people arrived to sit around the log fire.
We were located in the restaurant side from choice and received very good service. The special Sunday lunch menu had three roasts, turkey, lamb and beef as well as vegetarian options. We sampled all three between us and were very happy. Starters included pumpkin soup with a generous amount of crusty bread, also available was smoked duck with plum sauce and a fish pate.
Prices were reasonable, three starters, four mains, three puddings, four coffees and a round of soft drinks came to almost exactly £100, so £25 a head.
Overall, we were made to feel very welcome and had a well-priced and satisfying Sunday lunch. Definitely recommended.

Charles P, Public Relations Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thanks for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the future.