“Life- changing 10 days.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kin Kin
Living Valley Health Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kin Kin
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney
“Life- changing 10 days.”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I attended the LVS 10 day program in April and found it was the most amazing and rewarding thing I have ever done for my health. The food was absolutely delicious, fresh, healthy and organic and all of the staff are very helpful and attentive. The program overall was not difficult, and very relaxing. The location is out of phone range which is a blessing in disguise. It is one of the most peaceful and beautiful pieces of land in the area. After the 10 days I felt like a new person, had cleaned my system out, lost a few kilos and my skin & eyes were sparkling. Not to mention everything I learnt and continue to follow as much as I can now that I am home, and also the beautiful friends that I made. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Bec S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
perth
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Living Valley Springs is one of those few places where you can truly heal whatever physical or spiritual challenges you are facing in life or just have a proper rest. Put it on your 'bucket list'. but high up: my life would have been immeasurably poorer without it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
10 Thank PerthJoanne
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2011

It's definitely not a hotel but a genuine health and detoxification retreat. Set in beautiful Kin Kin, on the Sunshine Coast hinterland, I participated in a 10 day program with 26 others. (Some stayed longer). At the end of the 10 days, everyone, without exception,was glowing - with more energy and vitality. You could see it in their skin and hair and in the way they walked. I agree with everything that the previous reviewer said. The staff are so kind and genuinely committed to health.Some people were there for serious illnesses, such as ms and motor neurone disease, exposure to pesticides etc. Others were there for less serious health problems, low energy levels etc.
Some people had travelled from overseas after hearing about LVS. The ages ranged from 19 to 81. The naturopaths and lecturers are a mine of information and up with the latest medical research and fitness information, know all the side effects and interactions of medications etc and the requirements of the human body for optimal health. I shall definitely be going back and have already recommended it to several people. I would even recommend it for people without any health problems as a way to meet some fantastic, caring people and to learn how to prevent cancer, heart disease, auto-immune diseases etc.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
15 Thank MargfromTassie
Travelbug99
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My stay at Living Valley Springs truly exceeded my expectations and I really valued this very special experience. I booked it on the basis of the glowing testimonials on their website - then worried when I couldn't find anything on Tripadvisor or elsewhere after someone at work was incredulous about me booking something without knowing anyone who had been there!!! So I vowed to write a review once I got home - and I am so glad I followed my gut instinct about it. I actually have been trying to get there for 6 years but just hadn't found the time to do it and wish I had done this sooner.
If you are looking for a truly pampering 5 star experience then that's not Living Valley Springs - it is however still very pampering and relaxing and set in the beautiful Noosa Hinterland and more about your overall wellness and health. It is a 10 detox program and I found the first 3 days very tough - but so worth it once you get through this, your body adapts, your skin glows, the whites of your eyes are brighter and your hair silkier.
Formed friendships with some very special people whilst I was there and returned feeling so much more relaxed and enthused about looking after my body, mind and spirit. People travelled from all over the world to the retreat - we had people from South Africa on our course who had booked in for a 40 day program. We had 31 people on our 10 day program - and people came from all walks of life and ages ranging from 20 yr olds to 75 year olds. Some just wanted a break, or wanted to give up smoking, lose weight, be healthier others came with serious illnesses and conditions but all were very positive. Around a third of the people who were there during my 10 day detox program were people who had been before and I think that says it all! I lost 5kgs whilst I was there but I really worked on it - others lost between 2- 4kgs. I also went to find help for recurring headaches and they have also greatly improved.
- Loved the morning walks and stretching and boxercise would liked to have seen more physical activity. I spent a lot of time working out in the gym to help my weight loss – Mark was fantastic . Highly recommend taking the personal training program with him. - Empowerment package was great – and got a lot out of the reading material and exercises.
- Steam baths were a daily highlight , so take swimming cozzies – and one that should be highlighted more in their program as a key part of the detoxification process and an aid to detox process/weight loss/de-stressing. During my stay we had great weather so were able to go for swims to cool down and then hang around on the beautiful sun deck. Steam baths are single sex so one for men and other for women.
- The end Mountain climb was just amazing, a great way to end the retreat – provides a real high and great sense of achievement
- Staff were all very caring, warm and spiritual. They are all 7th Day Adevntists but don't push their religion or that they are this - which I am not. They accept you for who you are but do talk a lot about noursihing your body not just physically and mentally but spiritually too - and you can see whay they have some of the greatest longevity rates in the world.
- Hated the juices and the broth – but that was me! Found it very hard to drink them – so left a lot of this – probably explains why I lost 5 kilos - everyone else though didn't complain! The food they provided on the days you have it - just delicious.
- Daily lectures were great and packed full of so much information and the camaraderie in the group was also lovely.
- 7 x treatments were included in the 10 day detox and were wonderful .
Would strongly recommend that unless going with someone you know well you book a room with a toilet - you will be spending a lot of time on the toilet detoxing especially with the 2 isotonics, although they have toilets everywhere so not really a problem!!
Also recommend booking in witrh Rod the most amazing Kinesiologist - not listed on their website - but once you get there you'll need to book in asap as he books out very fast.
So all in all a great experience and came back feeling really relaxed and so healthy - ( and never thought I'd give up caffeine and alcohol but have been off it now for almost 4 weeks) - full of so much information about how to live a healthier life.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Netanya Noosa
Netanya Noosa
#6 of 10 in Noosa
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Living Valley Health Retreat? Share your experiences!