A perfect getaway destination if you are looking for a break in tranquility. The two bedroom cottage located amidst a small coffee estate is well equipped with a functional kitchen, two bedrooms which can comfortably accommodate 4-5 but you can squeeze in a 6th. clean washroom, hall with a couch and a TV. There is also free WIFI with a decent bandwidth to stream movies.
The location is perfect.You can drive right into the cottage and there is space to park 2-3 cars.
Coming to the best part of the property. Its greenery all around. No sound of traffic. Complete peace of mind and a small trek downhill through the coffee plants leads to a small stream. The walk is refreshing.
The caretaker is courteous. Helped in setting up the campfire on a couple of days.
Would recommend this if you are looking for an actual break and not for one of those sight seeing trips.
I visited Thushaaram with my colleagues on December 9th and 10th, 2017. I am a frequent visitor to Kuttikkanam and near by areas, so I know the quality of accomodations there. Considering all the aspects, I would suggest this place to anyone who would like to spend a weekend at a serene place.
Let me list the things I liked most about Thushaaram:
1. Though the place is located 3.5Kms away from Kuttikkanam town, you would not find it hard to locate the place. Its marked correctly on the map and there are directions on the way.
2. The owner Shyam called and explained everything about the house and items available and certain tips to have a nice stay.
3. Clean rooms and toilet with heater, first aid box, TV, mini fridge, gas stove, kitchen utensils, vessels, plates and glasses, water purifier and a grill frame are available. Soaps, towels and tooth paste were kept in place.
4. 10Mbps wifi, magazines, chess board.
5. You would not need to go to the town to buy things, because everything you need for a one night's stay is provided. Even there are menu cards of 2 different hotels which have home delivery.
6. There is a small river few steps from the house.
All this in a 3500/- price range.
I understand that this is more than a business for the owner, its about passion and its about professionalism. It surely has been setup by someone who has travelled a lot, and in a way he wanted every stays to be.
Really appreciate the efforts of the owner and the caretaker to keep the place as it is.
Got a wonderful opportunity to spend time in THUSHARAM with my friends on last vacation . This place is so relaxing and puts in our budget. we enjoyed our stay in this home very much.
The Title "Thushaaram - Your Personal Holiday Home.." is perfect.
We really felt like staying at our own holiday home.
We have absolute privacy and freedom. They are very much flexible in check in and check out times, which we cannot expect from any other hotel or resort people.
They are also ready to allow relaxations in the number of persons, as long as we are comfortable with the available facilities.
There is no exagerations in the available facilities, like other hotels or resorts do thru their web sites. The facilities, features and even the photographic feel that its web site gives us are exactly present there.
Its perfect for two families with two or three kids, who do not expect the luxury like that of a 3 star hotel.
Its a villa with two double bed rooms, hall, kitchen, dining room, bath room etc. The kitchen is equipped with gas stove, vessels, and a small fridge.
Those who are interested in cooking can do some medium level of cooking like chapathies, tea, coffee etc. If we can bring some curries cooked from home and keep it in the fridge , we need not depend any hotels for food.
Also there is a menu card of a nearby hotel at kuttikanam who will bring food on call. We only need to pay an additional amount for transportation.
The entertainment features include a TV with dth, indoor games(chess) and a nice tent. Our kids enjoyed a lot building the tent and playing inside the tent.
The misty morning view on opening the front door of Thushaaram was very much refreshing..
It was really a memorable trip for us whose main reason was the confortable, joyful and peaceful stay at Thushaaram.
Special thanks to the care taker Johny chettan and to the Propreitor Mr.Shyamlal.
Thushaaram is a perfect holiday home at Kuttikanam, be it for family or bachelors. I visited Thushaaram in early March 2017 with my friends. The idea was to spend some time together with my college mates, to cherish the good old days of college and hostel life. The stay was perfect for such a get-together and we had some wonderful moments at Thushaaram, which we will never forget.
The host, Shyam was very supportive right from the moment we confirmed the stay. I was really astonished my the efforts taken by Shyam to make the place memorable. At Thushaaram you would find magazines to read, chess board, cards, for me personally these small things ( really loved the choice of magazines, especially the photography ones) matter a lot. The place is very neat and clean. Kitchen has all basic supplies. The caretaker lives nearby and is available for any help. We had a detailed conversation with him and he suggested some less explored spots in the locality.
The cottage is located in the middle of a plantation. By going downhill you can relax and bath in a small river stream. As there is a lot of greenery around, the place is full of birds. There is also a walking trail towards Perumedu, from the stay. If you're a birder, I would definitely recommend the place alone for birdwatching and photography. Within the short time spent, I was able to see flocks of jungle babblers, many red-whiskered bulbuls( you would definitely hear their song, first thing in the morning) Indian scimitar babblers, oriental magpie robins, barbets, leaf warblers, Asian fairy bluebird, etc.
All in all, I would definitely recommend Thushaaram and will definitely visit the place again!
Thushaaram Holiday Home is a small cottage style vacation property in Kuttikkanam. It was being used by the owners as their vacation cottage, later converted into a holiday home. It is located in a very silent and scenic place at Kuttikkanam in the Alleppey - Thekkady route.
I visited Thushaaram during the first week of October along with a few friends. I would give 5 out of 5 rating for this property, considering this is a budget cottage.
Don't expect a serviced apartment or a luxury hotel. You get a 2 bed-room cottage with kitchen and other basic facilities in a very silent place. If you are looking for a cottage to spend a few days with friends or relatives, this is an ideal place.
What you get:
1. Full cottage for you to enjoy and bond with family, friends or relatives.
2. Two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room etc
3. No air conditioning here but the weather is usually very cool here similar to hill stations.
4. Basic gaming activities for children
5. There is a pond in the property. No fishing though. I was told the pond may not have water during summer.
6. There is a shallow river/stream adjacent to the property. This was our favourite place to sit and relax. You can simply lie down on the rocks and watch the moving mist. We were told "strictly no alcohol on the river side" to make sure no glass is broken and left over on the river side.
7. There is no food served here. You can cook yourself, which is what enjoyed by most people.
8. There is a helper person who lives nearby. He is available for hiring to help you with cooking, food, local shopping etc.
9. No posh amenities or luxury services here. But the owner Mr. Shyam is always available on phone to guide and help you.
10. Owner is a nature lover and is very strict regarding throwing bottles/trash in the areas/riverside.
11. Noisy activities that break the serenity of nature will not be permitted. So, if you are going with college friends and plan to conduct a gala night party, check with Mr. Shyam if it will be permitted.
Kids will love the shallow river which has crystal clear natural water and it is safe too but will need attention from parents since the rocks are slippery.
Thushaaram is a good place for a couple of days of holidays at an affordable cost.
It was a nice expeience staying at Thusharam. Me and my friends stayed there for two days. And we are planning for another visit this month last.