“Wonderful Experience”

Stanley's Resort
Batesville, Arkansas
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Traveling with one friend, my Dad and 6 year old son. We all had a great time and were treated excellent by staff and the dock hands were really great. Even when my Dad lost their boat motor in the bottom of the lake, we were covered by insurance we had purchased and they were extremely understanding and easy to deal with. The cabins were very clean and nice. Their equipment is nice and top grade. I would definately recommend to anyone looking for a great family fishing adventure!!!

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mwalker62

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I have been a faithful visitor to Stanley's for 9 years, 11 trips overall. Each one just seems to get better every year. I have been to many other resorts/fishing camps in the midwest and Canada. Stanley's is the best. I see no reason to go anywhere else.
The cabins are great...clean, comfortable, plenty of space, everything you need. Check out our favorite, the Falcon Ridge, on their website. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer cabin in all of Canada.
The fishing is outstanding. Even after 11 trips there are still so many new areas to explore. We love fishing the portage lakes where most days we are the only ones on that particular lake. We also catch plenty of fish just minutes from the dock, great for evening outings.
The accomodations, equipment and fishing are top notch but what brings me back year after year are the people who own and run the resort. They and their staff will go out of their way to make sure everything about your trip is perfect. Can't wait to see them all again this May!

2 Thank AOYHopeful
Napa, CA
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I've been going to Stanley's now since 2001. Prior to that, my fishing buddies and I used to plan a big trip every other year. Since that first visit, it's now an annual trip that I look forward to every season.

Stanley's is more than just great fishing - it's the total experience that makes this place so great. The owners and staff work hard to provide a friendly, family environment. A day on the water with every one of the guides we've employed has been nothing short of fantastic. The different opportunities and adventures are seemingly endless. From several species of fish to the wide array of different lakes you can explore, each day presents something new that we talk about and relive - that is, until the next trip when we start all over again. Obviously, we're not the only ones that feel that way since we see many of the same faces every year from the other loyal customers who go the same week as we do.

I live in Northern California and have been in the leisure and hospitality (golf) business for 20 years. Top-notch service is a goal that we strive for, and when I visit destinations that offer that same quality, it's not hard to recognize. Take my word for it - Stanley's delivers!

Although for me, it takes a bit of an effort to get there, I'll gladly make that long trip to be among friends, among beautiful country, and among Stanley's brilliant service professionals that make the journey well worth it, and then some. I've only been a "regular" now for 8 years, but am looking forward to many more to come.

Rick V.
Napa, California

3 Thank RickyakaMrSluggo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2009

A group of buddies and I have been making our annual trip to Stanleys fo 8-10 years now and wouldn't ever consider changing destinations. Prior to making Stanleys our destination of choice we did quite a bit or research at various shows, sifting through brochures and talking to owners. We chose Styanleys and have not regretted it for once. Believe it or not, a buddy of mine and I even brought our wives there for a second trip of the season. Big mistake for she now wants to go every year!

Our first year up there, the staff was incredibly helpful, from the folks that clean the cabins all the way to the owners. They will not overwhelm you which is what we were looking for, but if you ever need anything, they are easy to find. Our guides, which we continue to use every year, are very helpful and make a shore lunch that we talk about for months. Their knowledge of the lake and surrounding portages have helped get us on to fish a heck of a lot quicker than when we go at it ourselves, even to this day.

What probably impressed me the most was during our second year there, I saw and talked with a fisherman that was confined to a wheelchair. Based on what I saw and heard, he was having a great time, catching fish and telling lies like all the rest of us. I am very sensitive to that as I have the privelege of working with special needs and disabled individuals here in Chicago. Kudos to Stanleys for understanding the needs of ALL fisherman.

My bags are packed and can't wait for the ice out!

J. Ster-Chicago, IL

1 Thank JaySter09
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 8 February 2009

This was my first trip to Canada and Stanley's Resort made it a trip I will remember the rest of my life. We were greeted from the staff like we were old friends and felt right at home with the excellent accommodations. I especially enjoyed the home cooked shorelunch on Buzzard Island. The guides made sure to direct us to where the fish were and there seemed to never be a dull moment. Would recommend Stanley's to anyone.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wyoming
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We met my husband's family at the lodge. We were ages 15 to 80 and everyone had a wonderful time. We stayed in the oldest cabin and loved it. The other cabins we had were great too but this one was where everyone met for meals and fish stories. Everyone caught fish. The staff was very friendly and accomodating in every way. The fish fry was generous, friendly and delicious. Our only regret is that we can't go back more often. Some of our family does. We love this place!!

Stayed July 2006
Wheaton
Reviewed 3 February 2009

This is by far the best fishing resort I have ever been to. My family, friends, and I have been taking a week long fishing trip every year for the past 15 years. I have stayed at many different resorts in many different states however, none of them even come close to comparing to the experience that you receive at Stanleys. Everything about this resort is fantastic; the cabins are remarkable, the boats are very comfortable and well maintained, the resort is remote but not to remote, and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Everyone there from the Owners, to the dock hands, to even the cleaning crew were more than willing to bend over backwards to make sure you have the best time.

And as an added bonus....they clean all the fish for you and then vacuum seal it and put it in the freezer until your ready to leave. I could not be more impressed with this resort.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family

Been to Stanley's Resort? Share your experiences!