“Excellent Golfing Weekend Yet Again!!”

Greetham Valley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Greetham
Reviewed 29 March 2012

For the last 6 years I've been visiting Greetham Valley in March for a Golfing Weekend......
Over the years I've brought 75 or more different people in total, many returning year after year too and not had one complaint!!

The facilities and value for money are second to none and the staff are so professional. Many Thanks to Gilly for helping me out every year, nothing is too much trouble when I'm sorting, rearranging or rebooking any of my requirements!

Very easy to find just off the A1. Two excellent golf courses, rooms, evening meals and breakfasts all for the amazing price of £80 per person for a one night weekend stay in March. Would find it hard to get a better deal anywhere I'm sure.

Already rebooked for next year!!

Darren Middleton

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
GVGC2011, Owner at Greetham Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Darren, thank you very much indeed for taking the time to leave such appreciative comments. I have particularly drawn Gilly's attention to her mention and she is all smiles! We are looking forward to seeing you all on your next visit to Greetham Valley - thank you for booking up so early!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Arrived at Greetham Valley to be greeted by friendly, professional, well trained staff, all checked in nice and simple. Now on to the important reason for our stay, a 3 day golfing break. Firstly let me tell you the deal, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, 72 holes of golf, dinner, bed and breakfast, £130 , yes you did read that correct, £130. The courses are superb, aptly named The Lakes and The Valley. When I describe the quality, I mean picturesque, the landscaping would be the envy of any course in the world. The course is looked after better than Paris Hiltons dog. I could spend all night describing the wildlife, the streams, the greens, you must book a teetime to experience this firsthand.
Now onto the hotel, the rooms are very well kept, fresh, clean and all you would expect with a complex of this standard.
The restaurant WOW, the choice, the decor, the whole experience is that of a Michelin starred establishment. The quality and choice of food is unbelievable. All this is supported by staff eager to please.
The complex also boasts a four wheel drive course, a spa, log cabins, driving range, gym, the list goes on.
Every person deserves to experience this fantastic Rutland Gem, I've only written this review as I feel selfish keeping it to myself, this is the fifth year we have been taking our golf break here and the experience just keeps rolling.
If you want a luxury break, a weekend in a log cabin, a round of golf or a meal, or even experience the whole thing, Greetham Valley is the place to be.

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving your review, it is fantastic for our staff and our venue to be so appreciated. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Greetham Valley in the near future. Please bring the lovely weather back with you as well next time! :)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Recently spent an over night stay at greetham with a party of 26 including former Sheffield Wednesday and England Football International Chris Waddle, and everything about the stay was excellent form the bar/catering staff, and the golf staff who all made us feel really welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely be going back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are delighted that your party all enjoyed themselves and look forward to welcoming you back to Greetham Valley soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

What better compliment can I pay?  I have to admit I was perhaps  a little sceptical before we arrived. After all, being the person who made the booking for a large family reunion, I knew that anything wrong would of course be my fault and really what can you know about a place from some pictures on a website?  However I needed not to have worried!  The lodges were fantastic!  The pictures shown on the website are a very good likeness (no photoshopping!) and the real thing is if anything better!  Plenty of room, very clean, tidy, well equipped, great setting and excellent value for money!   We stayed during winter (the lodges were very snug and warm) and we all commented that it would be great to visit in the summer and perhaps make proper use of the decks with a BBQ in the sunshine! We didn't make use of too many of the additional facilities, fishing, archery etc. (we were just too busy) so can't really comment on that side of things but otherwise I can't be more complimentary! Great find and as the organiser of our stay I think I earned lots of points with the family :)

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mepip
GVGC2011, Owner at Greetham Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and we are delighted that you now have lots of brownie points within the family! We are especially pleased that you liked our Lodges so much, and are looking forward to welcoming you back to Greetham Valley again soon. You'll probably spot the new library within each Lodge on your next visit - relax and enjoy!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Spent my 60th birthday at Greetham with 60 friends. Golf competition in the morning, dinner/disco for the evening. Had a fantastic time. All the staff did an excellent job, superb food with most guests staying the night in the lovely large rooms at the hotel. Excellent breakfast. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for leaving your kind review on TripAdvisor, as well as your lovely letter to all our staff - and the very generous tip for them!! It is all very much appreciated and makes all our hard work worthwhile.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a few times, on business, at different times of year. I am rating it from this persepctive, and not as a golfer. Clearly, the hotel, bar and restaurant is much busier in the summer than winter.

The rooms in this hotel, are spacious, the beds and bathrooms large. It is warm, comfortable and clean. These are the main things that I look for in overnight accomodation. It has free wifi, you can get a better signal in rooms close to the recpetion, and freeview televisions.

It also has a good "golf club" bar and restaurant, selling what I would describe as golf club food, a good range of steaks, burgers, and a selection of pizza, pasta, and the odd other choice. The Black Rock steaks, that you cook yourself are particularly worth a try, and the T Bones are very large, even though mine was a little tough, and undercooked. The food and drinks are what I would consider to be a reasonable price, steaks are about £10, burgers about £6.

Breakfast is either from a buffet, of the usual hot and cold foods, or in the quiter winter months, hot food is cooked to order. It was of a reasonable standard.

Being a country club, I guess it is obvious that this place is fairly remote, you could drive to the local pub in 10 minutes or so, but its really not walkable. Oakham, Stamford, Grantham are all about a 20 mins drive away. The hotel is only about 5 mins from the A1, and is well sign posted.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

I intend to try out one of the two 18 hole courses on one of my visits, there is also a 9 hole course, which is free to residents, a driving range, bowling green and gym.

Overall, I would say this is a good value, comfortable hotel, and have recommended it to colleagues, who have also now made this a regular stopping point.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms overlooking the golf course are best. Wifi appears to be better in rooms close to th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TheRubester
GVGC2011, Owner at Greetham Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you very much for leaving this review, we do appreciate your regular custom and are delighted that we seem to be getting it just about right for you!

Don't forget to bring your golf clubs next time and please do check out our new seasonal restaurant menu, available from 16th March! Don't worry, the Black Rock Grill will still feature within the bar menu!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in mill cottage for a Monday to Friday break last week
We have stayed here once before and also once in 1 of the lodges
Mill cottage is such a lovely house with enough space. Very well equipped and had everything we needed
Very clean when we arrived and extremely comfortable

Enclosed garden for our dog is excellent with goods walks so close he had a great time

The rest of our party were booked on for the salmon fishing literally 2 minutes walk away so a perfect location
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful
Extra bonus was the excellent wifi reception which has certainly improved since our last visit with good mobile phone reception
We will certainly be returning again

• Stayed: January 2012
GVGC2011, Owner at Greetham Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your return visit so much! Did you get to try the Black Rock Grill at all in our restaurant?

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dee Hinch, Owner and Business Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greetham
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
Best Western Normanton Park Hotel
6 mi away
The Old Wisteria Hotel
The William Cecil at Stamford

Been to Greetham Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!