“Great food, atmosphere and location”

The Lord Nelson Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Marshfield
Price range: US$13 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A 17TH CENTURY COACHING INN, REPUTEDLY ADMIRAL NELSON STAYED HERE ON HIS WAY FROM BRISTOL TO LONDON. The Lord Nelson at Marshfield is a delightful country pub and restaurant frequented by locals and visitors from far and wide. We also offer cosy accommodation, with all of the creature comforts expected by the modern traveller.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Firstly, I can't actually believe there are negative reviews!!!

This pub was much better than expected. My wife and I plus 2 friends were staying nearby in a cottage and was informed by the owner that this pub was worth a visit for good and drink.

Upon arrival the pub looked like any other quaint Cotswolds village pub, but inside it had been modernised but kept key features like the well through the bar.

The food was very good and could easily be at home within a Central London bistro restaurant. I had pork with black pudding which was very tasty. I can't remember what the others had, but they also enjoyed it immensely.

We stayed for a few bottles of wine after the meal and had a good chat with the landlord which was interesting. Also the young lads that served us were very efficient. Great service!!!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant..

1  Thank bustergrey
Alistair B, Owner at The Lord Nelson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and found us up to scratch..
We look forward to seeing you agin when you visit Marshfield.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We came across this place by chance (we were lost) but what a find. Excellent food excellent beer and very nice people all at slightly above average prices but worth the extra for quality.

1  Thank Bob S
Triumph12, Owner at The Lord Nelson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Sometimes a positive will come from a negative! You were lost and yet you found us...
We are extremely pleased you did, we pride ourselves on the service and quality of food and beer, easy to say! as many do, but it takes dedication and passion to deliver, and we are excited to read we are getting it right.
We do hope that now you have found us we will see you again soon.
Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We visited on Friday and were very impressed by the fish specials - there was an excellent choice and we tried the seafood linguine and the monkfish which my companion was very very impressed with. The atmosphere was friendly and the service prompt and cheerful.

1  Thank Jane B
Triumph12, Owner at The Lord Nelson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Many thanks for your kind words. We have recently engaged a new chef who specialises in fresh fish dishes. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you and your friends soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visited the pub every evening during our stay at Snow at the a Barn nearby. The roaring log fires ensured a warm welcome on cold January evenings and the food was brilliant. Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I arranged to meet some friends at this venue as I had heard the food was good and I was bot disappointed. The waiter was very friendly and served everything with a smile. The locals were very courteous and friendly and I can not fault the food. I will without a doubt be visiting again soon.

1  Thank Cazndills