“Lovely B & B”

and 1 more site!
Grove Farm House
Ranked #1 of 1 Condover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband suggested an overnight stay for the bank holiday and left it for me to find somewhere he normally finds little treasures this time it was my turn. Grove Farm House is a beautiful house in a stunning location and Liz the owner ensures your stay is perfect in every way. We arrived late afternoon and the sun was shining so we were able to enjoy delicious homemade cake and tea out in the garden. Our room ( Duck egg ) was super with an amazing view, great size en-suite and comfy bed. Liz recommended a great little restaurant for an evening meal. The following morning we enjoyed an immaculate breakfast fresh & tasty. They also provide an option of self catering which would be lovely for a couple of nights next time. If you are looking for somewhere to relax & unwind this is a super place and with the weather on our side we were also able to enjoy a day in Shrewsbury walking along the river and seeing the sights.

Room Tip: We stayed in the duck egg room top of the house with an amazing shower!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharronDean

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A last minute booking but wasn't prepared for how good this place was going to be! A converted farm in a lovely village, had rooms and converted barns: all beautifully done, and extremely clean: more like a 5 star hotel really! Friendly owners who cook a cracking breakfast. Book early to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed: June 2012
Eleanorsmum, Owner at Grove Farm House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and for taking the time to write it. It is always appreciated. I'm glad that we could fit you in despite being last minute, and I very much hope we see you again here at Grove Farm House in the future.

Liz Farrow
Owner, Grove Farm House B&B

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grove Farm whilst on a brief visit to Shropshire. Prior to arriving I telephoned to ask for dining recommendations and Liz was as helpful with that as she was with everything else during our stay. Our room and ensuite bathroom were spotlessly clean and well appointed. Breakfast was delicious, homemade, museli, granola, marmalade and an appealing selection of locally sourced cooked options. Thank you for all your advice, I hope we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review, and I certainly do hope that we see you again sometime. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and hopefully it set you up for your long journey home! With kind regards, Liz Farrow

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Initially we had made a terrible error in booking another disappointing hotel for our visit to Shropshire. After realising our error on checking in, I immediately started trying to think of other places we could stay instead. At which point my partner mentioned a place he had stayed before (god knows why it never occurred to him to book grove farm in the first place!) Despite the late notice Liz was extremely helpful in assisting us and completely saved the weekend. We had such a lovely, relaxing stay in one of her beautiful self catered barns. Everything was top notch, the bed was ultimate luxury and I couldn't have wanted for anything more. It only made me wish I could visit every weekend!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank TopperTales
shropshireBnB, Owner at Grove Farm House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay here at Grove Farm House. I am glad that we were able to offer you accommodation when you really needed it and hope to see you again here sometime!. With kind regards Liz Farrow

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My mum and I booked the self catering cottage, which was absolutely delightful in every way. Spacious, bright, clean and so tastefully decorated. We were warmly welcomed by Liz who showed us around our cottage and who makes a mighty fine sponge cake (much appreciated).
It was very well priced for such lovely accommodation.
It was fantastic having the kitchen and laundry. It made a nice change from the hotels and B&B's we'd stayed in. We were able to cook what we wanted, and joy of joys, wash all of our clothes properly in the washing machine!
The beds were so comfy and the shower downstairs was BIG. The bath upstairs was lovely for that little bit of extra pampering.
The WiFi worked really well, even upstairs in the bedroom with the door closed.
The location was an easy 5 minute drive into Shrewsbury, which is a really interesting and beautiful town to explore. It's an ideal location for popping into Wales or up to Chester. I recommend a trip to the village of Much Wenlock (in Shropshire) for it's gorgeous shops and priory ruins.
Would recommend to all without hesitation.
Helen & Janet, Melbourne, Australia.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Moodog11
shropshireBnB, Owner at Grove Farm House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Helen, Thank you so much for your lovely review of Grove Farm Cottage, and I am so glad that you and your Mum enjoyed your time here so much. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in the UK and had a safe journey home to Austalia. Maybe we will see you again here sometime! With kind regards, Liz Farrow, Owner.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The positive reviews of Grove House Farm proved to be well founded. We stayed with two other friends for four nights in February 2013. The owner Liz was extremely welcoming and helpful and her excellent breakfast was appreciated by all. The accommodation was charming, clean and well decorated in keeping with a Georgian Farm property. The location was particularly useful for visiting Shrewsbury, Ironbridge and many of the Shropshire towns and villages. The area was also well served by restaurants, pubs and ample tea rooms. In short an extremely well run and outstanding B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mr and Mrs Creed, Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review of Grove Farm House, following your stay here with your friends last week. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought about your stay here. I hope we will see you again here sometime! With kind regards, Liz Farrow, Owner.

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

My partner and I used Grove Farm as a base from which to spend Christmas with family in the same village. We could not have chosen a more perfect place to spend our festive break and Liz went out of her way to ensure we had an outstanding experience. The room was beautiful, clean and very welcoming. Liz, despite having a hectic Christmas schedule herself, went out of her way to make us the priority. The food was the highlight with everything locally sourced and homemade. Overall, absolutely first class and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Grove Farm House, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here with us at Christmas. I always feel that it is nice to have a house full of people over the festive period, and it certainly was convenient for you too being so close to your family. I hope that we will see you again here sometime! With kind regards, Liz Farrow, Owner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Condover
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
#4 of 56 in Shrewsbury
Darwin's Townhouse
Darwin's Townhouse
#2 of 56 in Shrewsbury

Been to Grove Farm House? Share your experiences!