Grove Farm House
US$49
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury(Shrewsbury)(Great Value!)
US$76
Priceline
  • Room Service
US$127
  • Breakfast included
The Shrewsbury Hotel(Shrewsbury)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$85
PremierInn.com
The Haughmond(Upton Magna)
All reviewsgrove farmduck egggold roomself catering accommodationbreakfast was excellentlocally sourced producerelaxing holidaywell stocked tea traythree nightsshrewsbury areafresh milkbiscuitsthe main househospitality traylocal attractionson arrivalcooked breakfast
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Liz the owner is lovely and always very welcoming. I choose to stay at Grove Farm instead of city centre Hotels in Shrewsbury as the rooms, service an peace and quiet are lovely!

The cooked breakfast is also well worth a try. Will continue to stay as long as my work takes me to Shrewsbury. Typing this in my room as we speak (great wifi)!

Room Tip: I stay in the Gold room on the 1st floor and its just perfect for my needs
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband suggested an overnight stay for the bank holiday and left it for me to find somewhere he normally finds little treasures this time it was my turn. Grove Farm House is a beautiful house in a stunning location and Liz the owner ensures your stay is perfect in every way. We arrived late afternoon and the sun was shining so we were able to enjoy delicious homemade cake and tea out in the garden. Our room ( Duck egg ) was super with an amazing view, great size en-suite and comfy bed. Liz recommended a great little restaurant for an evening meal. The following morning we enjoyed an immaculate breakfast fresh & tasty. They also provide an option of self catering which would be lovely for a couple of nights next time. If you are looking for somewhere to relax & unwind this is a super place and with the weather on our side we were also able to enjoy a day in Shrewsbury walking along the river and seeing the sights.

Room Tip: We stayed in the duck egg room top of the house with an amazing shower!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SharronDean
Reviewed 28 May 2013

A last minute booking but wasn't prepared for how good this place was going to be! A converted farm in a lovely village, had rooms and converted barns: all beautifully done, and extremely clean: more like a 5 star hotel really! Friendly owners who cook a cracking breakfast. Book early to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed: June 2012
Eleanorsmum, Owner at Grove Farm House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and for taking the time to write it. It is always appreciated. I'm glad that we could fit you in despite being last minute, and I very much hope we see you again here at Grove Farm House in the future.

Liz Farrow
Owner, Grove Farm House B&B

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grove Farm whilst on a brief visit to Shropshire. Prior to arriving I telephoned to ask for dining recommendations and Liz was as helpful with that as she was with everything else during our stay. Our room and ensuite bathroom were spotlessly clean and well appointed. Breakfast was delicious, homemade, museli, granola, marmalade and an appealing selection of locally sourced cooked options. Thank you for all your advice, I hope we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review, and I certainly do hope that we see you again sometime. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast, and hopefully it set you up for your long journey home! With kind regards, Liz Farrow

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Initially we had made a terrible error in booking another disappointing hotel for our visit to Shropshire. After realising our error on checking in, I immediately started trying to think of other places we could stay instead. At which point my partner mentioned a place he had stayed before (god knows why it never occurred to him to book grove farm in the first place!) Despite the late notice Liz was extremely helpful in assisting us and completely saved the weekend. We had such a lovely, relaxing stay in one of her beautiful self catered barns. Everything was top notch, the bed was ultimate luxury and I couldn't have wanted for anything more. It only made me wish I could visit every weekend!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank TopperTales
shropshireBnB, Owner at Grove Farm House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay here at Grove Farm House. I am glad that we were able to offer you accommodation when you really needed it and hope to see you again here sometime!. With kind regards Liz Farrow