“Peaceful & Private”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sayan
Darwin
“Peaceful & Private”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Lovely relaxing small hotel,villas are spread out around beautiful old established gardens,great pools,terrific views over the valley,river & rice paddies. The staff were always very polite,friendly & helpful. Very clean comfortable and large rooms with good air conditioning & fan. Meals were good simple and tasty you could eat on your balcony,beside one of the pools or in the lounge/reception area. We had a Villa Aga which is right next to reception so you do hear the phone ringing, people chatting but it wasn't a problem for us. The hotel is a little way from the Ubud centre, which suited us, but for a small fee you could always organise a ride to anywhere at anytime. There are not a lot of shops or warungs in the area but it is near the spectacular & hugely expensive Four Seasons Hotel. If you are looking for a brand new shiny ultra modern hotel this may not be the place for you and if you are looking for lots of night life clubs etc then you should stay in Seminyak. We purchased a 7 day package which had lots of great extras such as meals,tours,airport transfer etc and was terrific value, I would recommend one of their packages. We arrived very late (2.30am) but there was somebody waiting to quickly show us to our room without any hassles. Yes there are all sorts of critters such as ants,lizards,mosquitoes,frogs,some chickens scratching around the garden and a cow with a bell around its neck on the land next door and all the sights,sounds & smells of rural life in Bali which we absolutely love. We will definitely stay again when next in Ubud and recommend it to all our family & friends

Room Tip: The Valley view villas have spectacular views but are more expensive. The upstairs villa aga rooms d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kimbo1205
Nyoman P, Director of Sales at Taman Bebek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank You for your Excellent Comment.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed here three times. Last year with my son on two occasions and this year with another 4 mums and 7 children all up. We couldn't have been happier. The children loved it and enjoyed the two swimming pools, gardens and staff service. The adults were in heaven. It has a lovely atmosphere and views and the architecture and interior decoration of all of the various rooms is so charming and comfortable. The staff were delightful and very obliging.

All of us said we would be delighted to return for a stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Condesa2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for 3n4d..but since most of our time went in exploring Bali, we hardly had time to enjoy what the resort had to offer. all in all a good place to be even though a bit far from ubud centre.
Pros: Calm and peaceful location of the resort. Nice and friendly staff. No hastles of waiting for buffet meals since breakfast and meals are served in the balcony of the rooms.
Cons: Nothing much to do at night once you are back to the hotel since its very dark and quite in the hotel premises. Internet wi-fi was not up the mark. Mosquitoes were a big menace. Better keep room closed at all times to put them away.
Overall a very good experience. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Better choose a room at the top.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Over grown gardens drip with tropical flowers around secluded swimming pools that overlook the river, rice paddies and local farms houses.

The superb individualised service allows you to eat in dozens of locations, at whatever time you please from a well priced menu.

The staff team are great, responsive to all our needs and quick to respond to anything we wanted.

More than anything else, it is on the way to the airport, ready for a quick getaway.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wally S
Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Made's villa is overlooking the beautifull scenary of Ayung River. This is definitely the location to be for an affordable price. So quiet, so charming. Architecture is Balinese exeample. Service is kind. Norestaurant so you can enjoy Ubud quality restaurants (so many).

Room Tip: Made's villa is definitely the best choice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lombokfan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at Taman Bebek for four days, and I thought it was fine for the price, but I'm not sure if I'd stay there again.

Location: The location was fine, about a 5-10 minute drive from central Ubud, which was fine for me because it's a little bit quieter. The area seemed safe.

Property: It definitely has a little bit older, rustic feel to it. The common areas are a bit dark and dreary, but the views are beautiful, particularly from the smaller infinity pool. There's also an amazing view of the Four Seasons' lotus pond, which is nearby. If you're staying at Taman Bebek, I strongly recommend getting a drink at the Four Seasons' one night just to experience their beautiful property and take some pictures.

Room: I stayed in one of the Bali Aga Suites. The room itself was nicely decorated and a good size, but the location (right by the main entrance) made me feel like I had no privacy. I could hear every word anyone said in the lobby. There was also construction going on next door that was really loud at very odd times, but I'm sure the management of the hotel has no control over that. The room had a lot of windows to let in light, but again, because of the location, I didn't want them open all the time because anyone in the lobby or the next suite would be able to see into my room. Without the windows open, it was kind of dark and dreary. The room did have A/C and a fan, but that didn't keep the critters out. I found a couple of geckos on the floor and walls, one roach-type creature in my bed, and lots of ants constantly walking around on the floor, countertops, in the sink, and swimming in the toilet (who knew they could even do that??), so I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable leaving food out, even for a short period of time.

Food: I had breakfast included in my rate, and it was pretty good. I had the nasi goreng (fried rice) every day with a sunny side up egg on top, and I liked it enough that I didn't try any of the other options. I didn't like the coffee very much (sludgy at the bottom), and the fruit in the fruit bowl was never ripe, so I usually only ate the watermelon.

Service: The service was great. Everyone working there was extremely polite, helpful, and professional.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nafa2
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Absolutely fantastic week stay in Malay Villa Suite with spectacular hilltop valley views from the balcony down to the river and rice paddy fields. Wonderful relaxing holiday, just what we needed with our 10 month old baby. Stunning infinity pool and gardens, luxury villa (totally safe for babies) and great staff who couldn't have been more friendly and helpful were a credit to the hotel. We just hope u guys are all still there when we come back to stay next time. Anyone who wants to relax and unwind in an outstandingly beautiful setting should stay here...we cannot fault it in any way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Nyoman P, Director of Sales at Taman Bebek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your excellent Comment.

Best Regards,

Nyoman
Sales and Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayan
Hotel Tjampuhan & Spa
The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa
Pertiwi Bisma
Pertiwi Bisma
#108 of 198 in Ubud

Been to Taman Bebek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!