“A beautiful location”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sayan
Melbourne Australia
“A beautiful location”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Great architecture, beautiful gardens, good kids club. I would recommend that everyone should try and splurge if they can and spend a couple of nights at this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms appear to be good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Very true. The architecture, the location and the setting is something special and one of it's kind within Four Seasons. One of the most dramatic settings and arrival experiences in any resort that I have been to.
Thank you for your review. It is always appreciated.
Uday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was there for my honeymoon and it was a great experience... I stayed in 6 different hotels during my honeymoon trip, this was the best by far! Definitely recommended for couples that would like a romantic getaway.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Delighted to read you had a memorable honeymoon with us and enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After spending the first night in Ubud at a different hotel, I booked the Four Seasons at 4 am the day of check in. It was a splurge, to be sure... but as this was our last night in Bali I wanted to ensure a great experience. The hotel is amazing (per all earlier reviews), and lucky for us our one night there featured a traditional Balinese dance performance. The GM came and personally introduced himself, there were welcome goodies for our 3 daughters and milk & cookies too, we were upgraded to a private villa... the kids (and us!) were in heaven. I didn't want to leave and still dream of going back soon!

The other big selling point of Four Seasons is their commitment to introduce as much of the local culture as possible. There were so many other things to take advantage of (yoga sessions, guided walks through the rice fields) but we just simply didn't have enough time.

There was a snafu with room service that night, but we spoke to the GM the next day and he apologized and took care of that for us. Overall, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It's worth the splurge if you can do it. I've now booked 4S properties in Thailand for an upcoming trip! :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SLDSanFrancisco_CA
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW the moment when you come out of the car, get greeted by the door team, walk up the steps and just that moment there stop. Just pure peace and serenity, the birds tweeting, to hear the water splashing whilst admiring the perfect view possible, a magical moment, everytime i walked up and down the steps i just had to stop and take the view in as if it was the first time i had seen it. To have this experience within the first 5 minutes leads your mind to wonder as to what else this hotel has to offer. The hotel is stunning, beautiful views from every corner of the hotel, gym and spa facilities were excellent. Staff service was top notch throughout our stay at this balinese heaven, one evening our room service was late, the next day the manager approached us and apologised and gave us his business card. The staff at the restaurant were amazing they went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Gorgeous hotel on grounds taken straight from heaven.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank travelconnoisseur999
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Delighted to read this review and to know you had a wonderful time. Not much more I can say, other than, once again, THANK YOU.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This has to be my favourite hotel....ever!

The service was out of this world. I can only echo what other reviewers have said. They have the balance just right between being friendly and keen to please but not being overbearing or false. I adored every member of staff that we encountered. I particularly liked that the management made themselves visible and available but it did not feel like they were watching their staff. It was simply that they wanted their guests to know they were available if they were wanted. I suppose it felt nice being able to see who was there if you needed them without having to have an issue first. Simple and effective but a great touch.

There were so many highlights of our stay but I will try to point out a few.
The village tour was fabulous and a real treat. Wear good shoes. Although if you don't have any they do have some that they can lend you. You will visit the hotels own rice paddies, walk by some of the river and then go into the village. We also got to visit an artists studio on our tour and a villagers house.
The private candlelit dinner was also a treat. The food was fantastic and the service just made it even better. It was done so nicely and the attention to detail was amazing. Sitting by the river in the dark by candlelight was magical. You can listen to the jungle sounds and the flowing river.... I miss it just thinking about it!

I have noticed there are a few complaints about the breakfast offering on here. I really cannot understand these. The offering was very good with lots of choice and variations across the days. We were there for 7 days and could easily have had something different every day. My other half asked for something that they didn't have to hand one day (I cannot remember exactly what) so they quickly went and made some up from scratch without a moments hesitation. The waffles were my favourite.

Room service was fabulous, the concierge was fabulous, the cocktails and the bar were fabulous.... I would really struggle to fault anything... so I won't.

It was just a wonderful and relaxing place to stay and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Room Tip: We had Villa 2 which overlooked the River but not the part where the rafters go so it always felt ve...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M1SSST3PHY
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
If you miss us and this was your favorite place, then we have done our part. Truly delighted to read such a kind and wonderful review. It's always encouraging to know that we are appreciated and noticed.
Glad to read the breakfast was above expectations. We did take action from the past reviews and added over 14 new items to the buffet and many items are on a rotation on a daily basis. Ofcourse, we try our best to accommodate where possible.
Again thank you so much for all your kinds words and rest assured I shall share them with the team.
Snoqualmie, Washington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been to a number of Four Seasons and I have never been disappointed in any one of them. That's something to be able to say about " a chain". But each Four Seasons takes on the personality of its environment, so each one meets it's own challenge .I went to two Four Seasons in Bali, I had a fabulous dinner at the one in Jimbaran with their amazing public relations executive , Geetha. The view of the ocean is perfect and the grilled food was spiced exotically but not overwhelmed. The drinks were spectacular. But right now I want to talk about the Four Seasons, Sayan... which has one of the most dramatic entries of any hotel anywhere. You enter from above over a bridge that spans a jungle and the river. It is unforgettable. ( You can also be driven to the check in desk if you are disabled and they actually have units made for people in wheelchairs which I admire). My host there was Philip Salud, subbing for the GM and he could not have been more kind. I have to say just about everyone in Bali is kind but he went out of his way for us. Our villa had perfect privacy ( which I love because I like to swim without any suit and since my exhibitionist tendencies are nil, I need to feel safely private. The suite was tasteful and modern without being discordant with it's location- ( it was villa 60 ) . You go through a very private series of steps, past your own linear lily pond ( ours was blooming) and have a beautiful out door living room as well as large, and gorgeous, bedroom. Bit two person tub, a romantic necessity in my opinion. The Spa is lovely- but the treatment rooms down near the water are what you want.. Three separate buildings , which you reach walking over stone steps surrounded by lily pads. They have a three hour heart treatment which combines about three types of treatment : hot stones, regular massage, defoliation, and then a rose petal bath.. if you don't feel loving after that you probably need a divorce attorney.. The food was excellent-- we had a very romantic dinner ( costs extra) on their amazing cantilevered deck that is all lily pads. It was a bit too western for my taste, but the environment was sublime. The pool is down by the babbling river ( there are kayakers on it, but it looks like a level one or two- not too exciting for someone from the Northwest but I gather there are class 4 rapids elsewhere). The most dramatic villas of all are right on the river and they cost more but honestly, I'd rather be one that isn't open to everyone on the river ( see note about being nude in the pool).. This hotel has been on many Gold Lists ,,, and so I wanted to see it. It deserves every award its been given. If you want to give yourself a splurge in Bali, there are many worthy candidates for your money- but I would urge you to keep this on the short list.

Room Tip: Go on the hikes they organize and the bicycle trips. You will see village life, unfiltered, real, an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank couplessPS
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and giving your vote of confidence on the Gold List ratings. It's always appreciated. Philip did tell me he met with you while I was away and I am grateful to him for looking after you.
Your feedback is something I have shared with the team and it's words like this that continues to drive us to do better and make moments for our guests. You did most of the popular activities, used the spa, tried the restaurants and experienced some of the best features of the Resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hopefully next time I won't be away on vacation when you are here.
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from the most amazing wedding/honeymoon at the Four Season at Sayan, Bali.

Muliani, the wedding co-ordination, and her team did everything possible to make our stay and our wedding as special as possible. We had our six year old daughter with us too so we stayed in a family room which overlooked the immaculate grounds of the hotel. The suit was huge and the bed was just so comfortable.

We arrived to cake and champagne and our daughter was give a bag of goodies. All the staff at the hotel knew our names and made their excellent service seem effortless while remaining warm and friendly all the time. The food was delicious with plenty of choice for both as and our daughter.

Our wedding by the rooftop lily pool was magical and it was better than we could have ever imagined. Muliani had thought of all the details – an aisle of rose petals for us to walk down, rose petal confetti, a beautifully decorated buggy to transport us around the hotel grounds, a delicious cake and meal, a beautiful flower arrangement in our room when we got back and a rose petal bath were just some of highlights.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It is expensive but the location and architecture are unique and the people who work there are just fabulous and I think it is therefore worth every penny. If you want to experience the best, head here – you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa03121410
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful words! What more can one wish for to read that we were able to make your wedding day and days with us memorable. We are blessed we were able to be part of it and make it special for you.
Wish you both the very best in your new chapter and life ahead.
We hope to welcome you back on one of your anniversaries and relive some of the memories from your stay with us.
Thank you once again.
Uday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayan
Viceroy Bali
#12 of 198 in Ubud
The St. Regis Bali Resort
Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!