“ask if your in the annexe or main building”
Review of Joyce's Barn

Joyce's Barn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bottesford
Joyce's Barn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bottesford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2013

there is only a curtain to seperate the bedroom and bathroom from grannies kitchen ect doors had no locks wasps outside so couldnt open the windows in bedroom or bathroom. the bed valance and headboard was attached to the wall with thick cobwebs.we were told breakfast time and not given a choice and it was assumed that we wanted full engish and nothing else offered before we had even taken the cases out of the car had we seen the room details before we would never have stayed there i have never seen such filth even the table cloth attached itself to my handbag with yet more cobwebs at breakfast only brown toast and to say there was only 4 of us for breakfast hotwater we requested was forgotten.

Room Tip: make sure you dont have to stay with granny in the annexe its nothing like we expected we had no ide...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed at Joyce's Barn for a long weekend as part of an extended birthday celebration. The B&B is actually in Normanton, about a mile North of Bottesford and is conveniently located for Grantham, Nottingham and Belvoir Castle. It's also a very comfortable place to stay and the accommodation has retained some of the features of the old barn. When not with my friends, I used the base to do some cycling - my hosts were very helpful and photocopied some maps for me. Breakfast was excellent - I particularly enjoyed the sausages! The bedrooms are bright, airy and well equipped; there was a great reception room reserved for guests with a comprehensive selection of books/magazines and a TV. There is also ample off-road parking. Only slight niggle was that the twin room that I had was a little on the small side for two people (even one) but I was fortunate enough to be transferred to the superb 'Yellow Room' for my final night.

Room Tip: Go for the 'Yellow Room' every time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Been to Joyce's Barn? Share your experiences!