“safari stay”

Livingstone Lodge
London, United Kingdom
“safari stay”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a fantastic weekend.
The safari experience was superb and Elle our guide was very knowledgable of her work.
Our Tent/accomodation was spotless thanks to Sue Leaning and her colleges.
The evening meal was very nice (Sue and her staff were very polite and helpful) and luckily we had a real close up view of the wild animals roaming freely which was a great experiance.
I cant wait to go again and would recommend anybody to go for the great experience and friendly staff (and animals!!!)

Room Tip: any of the tents available
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LEE L

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Or so my friends thought when they saw my pictures. What a truly wonderful experience myself and my 12 year old son had. From the minute we arrived everything was so well organised. Sue and Adam our hosts for the evening could not have been more welcoming. The numbers were small enough that everyone had a chance to ask questions and it was clear that Adam certainly had the knowledge to answer them expertly. We felt very privileged to see the animals at such close quarters.

The tents were in a stunning position and had everything you needed. The evening meal had something for everyone and was beautifully cooked. The staff were very attentive and friendly. After a magical evening watching the amazing animals at close quarter, whilst sipping wine and sharing good company we had a very comfortable nights' sleep. Breakfast was again freshly cooked and was followed by another safari, this time with Ellie. My son and I cannot recommend this experience enough. Thank you to all the Livingstone Lodge team.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We got a deal for the trip from Secret Escapes, so it was really good value. The staff are lovely and the safari guide was just excellent - so knowledgeable and cared so much about what he did. The accommodation was beautiful and very comfortable, looking right over the watering hole for the animals. The food was good, with tasty vegetarian dishes as well as for meat-eaters. The two safari trips were amazing, getting right up close to the animals and learning lots about them.

The only negatives - we were placed in Buffalo Tent, which was the only tent that had an obstructed view of the watering hole, so that was a shame. Also, if we had paid full price then probably would have expected slightly better food, although it was still good.

Room Tip: Not Buffalo tent - it is the only one that is right at the back and has a restricted view of the wat...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just came back from an overnight stay at Livingstone Lodge, Port Lympne, and I've already booked up again to return!

Went with my partner who wasn't sold on this experience, but even he will tell you what incredible experience this is.

As soon as you arrive you get the warmest welcome possible, being treated champagne before setting off on a fantastic safari around the park, getting to see a range of animals. Added to this is an awesome ranger who is able to provide you with a wealth of knowledge on all the animals you see, answering any and all questions you have.

After this, you are dropped off at your lodge and all I can say is WOW! I was expecting these to be nice, but I honestly didn't realise how luxurious these would be! The beds couldn't be more comfortable, they are fitted with radiators in case it's cold, there's electricity for whatever you need it for, dressing gowns, chairs etc, and the view is simply breathtaking. Living in London getting the chance to relax with complete quiet and just the sounds of animals and nature is rare, and Livingstone Lodge was such an amazing place to do just this.

Once you've relaxed for an hour or so, you are then treated to a sensational meal, where every dietary need is catered for. I'm a bit of a pain when eating out, as I'm vegetarian whose allergic to mushrooms (yep I'm that difficult) yet the catering staff couldn't of done more. They made sure that there was plenty of me to eat, and that food was cooked separately to mushrooms with separate portions put aside for me to ensure I could eat.

Once dinner is finished you either retire to your lodge, or can stay in the communal area where the ranger will spend all evening talking to you about their trips to Africa etc and will continue to share the most interesting facts and stories about the animals.

When it comes to sleeping, the lodges are perfect! Warm, comfortable, completely safe, and as quiet as quiet could be!

Breakfast is as good as dinner, although a little less authentic, and the morning safari is as perfect as the days before.

And the one area I think everyone would be worried about is in the communal toilets and showers. You really needn't worry! They are immaculately clean, and as nice as your bathroom at home. The showers are hot and lovely, the toilets perfect!

Once your Livingstone Lodge experience is over, you can then spend the day wondering around the zoo, and even thought I've been coming here since I was about 6 this zoo/safari park is still the best in the country without exception, and wandering round is just amazing.

On the whole this experience is a must have for anyone who likes animals, loves animals, wants to relax, celebrate an anniversary or birthday, or in fact any event what's so ever! If your thinking about going, trust me you need to GO!

I simply cannot wait to return in October, and after that I've no doubt book up again!

And I must just say, that Sue our host and our ranger Adam really made the trip.

Room Tip: If you can, book a lodge in the front row. It doesn't matter which one, they are all amazing but...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just came back today - If you are considering a visit; just do it, you really won't regret it. This is one of the best ways to spend a weekend. Fabulous, amazing and everyone is so friendly. Just 100% perfect. Sue was really, really lovely. Trevor was entertaining and knowledgeable. Accommodation was fantastic but the best bit was the animals and seeing them so happy in a huge environment and the fact the end result is that they will be back living in their homeland again. Food was amazing and plentiful; the drink was flowing and everyone seemed really, really happy. It was both entertaining and relaxing; the right amount of time spent on all activities. Really, really amazing.

Room Tip: Make sure you get everything you need out of your car; because once you get to your tent area you ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Eight of my family recently (June 2014) spent a night at Port Lympne, we enjoyed the safari but would like to point out to anyone thinking of going there that although the website states a FIVE course meal, we did not get the cheese and speciality bread and truffles mentioned on the website. On querying this with them I was told that the cheese course was only 'on request', I think this is very misleading and a bit of a rip-off!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Irene J
Stotfold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Took friends to stay at the cottage and had an absolutely fantastic time. Turned up at 5pm and was met with a glass of fizz, followed by a private safari, with a close encounter with a giraffe :) on arrival at our cottage in the middle of the park we were greeted with an amarula cocktail. Whilst changing for dinner in the amazing bridal suite, I looked out to see a giraffe walking passed, a very odd experience knowing you are in Kent. Our personal chef served a delicious 5 course meal. As the weather was so beautiful we had cocktails and starters out in the garden overlooking the beautiful countryside with views to the sea. After the chef had left us we spent a lot of the evening out in the garden star gazing and listening to the wild animal sounds. Our chef then turned up again in the morning to cook and serve a lovely breakfast, which we had outside in the garden. We then walked round to see the meerkats before setting off on another safari. At the end of then safari we luckily had the opportunity to have a tour round the mansion house, which is truly beautiful and now that they have newly created bedrooms, looks like a great place to stay. We finished our stay by walking around the rest of the park. All in all a magical weekend. I will definitely go back and will try Livingstone Lodge and possibly another stay at the mansion. One of the friends we took with us has already been back with her sons, so I can safely say the weekend I organised as a surprise for my friends was a success!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jo F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lympne
Port Lympne Hotel
#2 of 10 in Folkestone
Stade Court Hotel
Stade Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Hythe

Been to Livingstone Lodge? Share your experiences!