Misty Mountains Tropical Rainforest Retreat
Black Marlin Motel(Innisfail)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$117
US$113
Priceline
Blue Summit Hideaway(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$173
Orbitz.com
Eden House Retreat(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$99
Kookaburra Lodge Motel(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$82
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$84
Fitzroy Island Resort(Fitzroy Island)
US$125
US$121
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$58
US$56
Cairns Reef Apartment & Motel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$62
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cannon Park Motel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$98
All reviewsour honeymoongolf buggyprivate paradisetotal privacycreature comfortseast bedarragiant fig treegeneweddingcelebrantpropertyvillahostscabanadriveway4kmfavour
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The best holiday my partner and I have ever had - the scenery is breathtaking. The perfect location for a quiet getaway, honeymoon, romantic retreat, or just to rejuvenate the soul surrounded by nature at its finest. We spent 3 nights at Misty Mountains, and I really wished we had stayed longer. We will definitely be coming back.

No matter where you looked there was gorgeous scenery and I couldn’t stop taking photos. We didn’t venture out off the property at all because it was just so beautiful there. My partner and I both had massages down by the creek (also highly recommended!) – to really ensure we were truly relaxed.

Sharon was a lovely Host and made us feel welcome and helped us with anything we could need to have an amazing stay. We also stayed at East-Bedarra which I would highly recommend to anyone so you get the best of both worlds! Also, check out Josephine Falls (maybe a 30minute drive from Misty Mountains). Make sure you take your swimmers!

My partner and I have stayed in a lot of amazing destinations – but Misty Mountains and East Bedarra were by far the best we have experienced.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah9291
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My new husband and I could not have chosen a better location for our small and intimate wedding last September 2013!

From the moment you enter this stunning tropical rainforest retreat I had a feeling of true serenity and a feeling that I was so luck to experience such a beautiful surreal place.

The wonderful service provided to us from the moment I made my booking for our wedding, 12 months prior, I was offered lots suggestions to make my DIY wedding such a special day to the moment we departed I cannot thank the Misty Mountains team enough.

This venue absolutely made my wedding, even with the light misty rain (expected in a 'rainforest'), every moment for our big day was perfect with over 2000 wedding photos, each one made more stunning by this location.

I enjoyed all the personal touches and details right down to the great local produce provided in the fridge on arrival.

You really do feel like you have your own private paradise.
It was instantly relaxing from the moment you arrive!!

I will return to Misty Mountains again as soon as possible.
I can't wait :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

amazing :-)
beautiful and peaceful in the most amazing rainforest location.
A perfect location for a wedding/honeymoon if you are the kind of person who doesn't like to follow the crowds and walk in everybody else's footsteps.

Hosts were helpful and welcoming, providing everything we needed.
We especially liked how well equipped the whole bungalow was, making our stay that much more comfortable.
My Partner and I literally couldn't imagine a better place to be on a special trip.

Gov & Summer <3

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We just had a beautiful week at Misty Mountains. Stunning weather and absolute privacy made for a relaxing stay. Our private dinner from a chef from Ochre was impressive and delicious. Sharon kindly sourced high quality produce for us for our stay, and she understood how high quality food was a must. We will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikala E
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We enjoyed Misty Mountains, in particular relaxing, using the outdoor fire by the rainforest stream and also zooming around in the golf buggy!

It is also quite special to be left, just the two of us, in an environment such as this. Although the owners are close-by if needed (as it was we didn't so didn't see or hear from anyone else in our 3 day stay!).

It is truly a beautiful region of Australia, but its called Misty Mountains as Queensland's largest mountains + rainforest = cloud magnet!

Sadly we received a bit too much cloud/rain and it was a bit too cold in early September to enjoy the outdoor swimming pool. The water was nowhere near warm enough for us!

This was a shame as when booking I had imagined spending a lot of time in and around the gorgeous pool area in the tropical heat and although the weather is obviously not the fault of Misty Mountains the fact we couldn’t do this means I can’t give the whole experience 5/5.

But other than that, it’s a wonderful property in a gorgeous setting and there are plenty of areas to explore and indoor and outdoor areas to lounge around in!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple