“Great day of birding with Gabriel”

Gabriel Lugo Birding Tour Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience more natural beauty on just 100 x 35 miles island. To date more than 350 bird species has been recorded in Puerto Rico, including 17 endemics, more than 150 nesting birds, migratory and Caribbean specialties. What enables Puerto Rico to support these big number of species is its natural diversity: rain forests, dry forests, elfin-woods forests, mountains, cliffs, mangroves, wetlands, ponds, salt flats and more. I'm an independent birding tour guide whose only goal is to give you the best of Puerto Rico. This is what I offer you: the enjoyment of your trip, personalized tour. That means when you contact me and tell me the birds you want to see, my rates are just to fulfill that desire.Fully aware, expert: ready to serve you. You'll be taken through the most beautiful natural reserves and best spots I know. Always respecting basic ethical guidelines for bird watching and avoiding the least posible human impact.I'll be happy to make your birding trip, one you can not forget.
Homestead, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great day of birding with Gabriel”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We only had a short stay on Puerto Rico while traveling via cruise ship but Gabriel accommodated our time frame. He knows exactly where the birds are and as a result we saw many endemics and plenty of other birds in a short birding day. I thought his price was reasonable. I would most definitely recommend him as a birding guide and would use him again in the future.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank L M

Bryan, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Puerto Rican Birding Trip”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We went on a five night all inclusive bird watching trip to Puerto Rico (8-12 Nov 2012). Our guide was Gabriel Lugo. Our objective was to see the 17 Puerto Rican endemics and if time allowed to see some of the Caribbean endemics that we had not seen before and even see some of the introduced species. Within the first three days we had seen 16 of the 17 endemics and had heard the one that got away twice, very close. We were successful at seeing all of the Caribbean endemics that we had requested to see and a number of the introduced species. Gabriel was a professional bird guide in every sense. He knows the birds of Puerto Rico with the utmost expertise. He has great visual and auditory skills and like any great guide he has fabulous people skills. Gabriel's knowledge of local cuisine was first rate. We had a great birding experience and found Gabriel to be a great birding companion and guide. Thank you!!!!

Cheers!
Stanley & Gretchen Jones

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Stanley J
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I couldn't have been happier”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I had only one day for birding by myself on a short trip to San Juan. Hiring Gabriel was an excellent experience. I saw all the diurnal endemics on the north coast, and many other life-list birds as well. The itinerary was well planned, and Gabriel was very familiar with the sites and the likely locations of all the species. Gabriel was good company, and a good guide for a lunch, too. I had thought his fee was a little higher than I was used to, but in the end, it was well worth the cost. One added note -- I can highly recommend Gabriel as a guide for other women birding solo.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Susan V
Port O'Connor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Birding in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Gabriel Lugo is a great guide for birds in Puerto Rico. He helped us during our last two days in Puerto Rico and as a result we were able to see some birds that we would not have otherwise seen. His knowledge and passion for the birds and for photography helped us get to see and photograph some nice birds. He is customer oritented, a very good communicator and a delight to spend time with. His chief claim to fame for us is the outstanding photo of the Puerto Rican NIghtjar. HIs ability to locate that bird was impressive.

Larry Vaughn

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Larry V
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want to see PR endemics, go with Gabriel Lugo!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

A friend and I spent 10 days with Gabriel as our birding guide, traveling all over the island. He knew exactly where to find the 17 endemics and we saw them all! He is very knowledgeable, personable and a great ear birder. He also accommodated us with other requests such as kayaking, snorkeling, bio bays, caves, etc.

Visited April 2012