Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Winegarden Estates a great place for tourists!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
S4564HTanne
Saint John, Canada
Pleasant surprise!

Reviewed 6 July 2018
adrienneh123
Ancaster, Canada
via mobile

All reviews fruit wines new brunswick large selection family run winery liqueur bottle distillery taste stop samples climate summer couple canada area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a tour guide, I love to take my travelers to Winegarden Estates. Elke and her daughter always gives them a warm and friendly welcome. The products are of very high quality for our region and the variety ensures that there is something for every taste.
After listening to the stories of how the Estate came to be and grew, we come out with a better understanding of the challenges of growing and making wine in New Brunswick.
It is always interesting, entertaining and enjoyable...

Reviewed 21 July 2018

What a beautiful experience this winery is. Driving along peaceful country roads on the upper shores of the Bay of Fundy you will arrive at a family winery with an astounding selection of great wines and spirits. Friendly family hosts make wine tasting here a special experience. Be sure to try their classic Blueberry Wine and their Maple Liquor.

Elke M, Owner at Winegarden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. Yes the Rubina dry Blueberry Wine and our Maple Liqueur are certainly two of many guests favorites. Both these products can be picked up at ANBL. Have a lovely summer ~ Cheers !

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We had no idea where we were going to, just lost and stopped to ask for directions. What a great day after all, the staff and their great wine made up for not making it to PEI.
I would say the walk around the grapevines was very relaxing with the blueberry wine.
Douglas

Elke M, Owner at Winegarden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

We are happy you had a great experience at Winegarden. Hope to welcome you back soon ~ Cheers !

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We were surprised by the size of the wine boutique, and the large selection of wine, fruit wine and spirits available here. Our host at the family run winery was very friendly, and happy to chat about the wines as well as the local area. We sampled 3 or 4 different wines, and came away with a couple of bottles (chilled wine was available) to enjoy later on that evening. The prices were very reasonable, and the wines were good, especially considering the challenges of growing grapes in the harsher climate of New Brunswick.
I’d definitely recommend a stop here if you’re passing through the area.

1  Thank adrienneh123

It was a pleasure meeting you. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Have a wonderful summer ~ Cheers !

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stop by this wonderful little winery every spring when we open our cottage which is only a few minutes drive away.(actually more than a few times over the course of the summer).
Nice location and very nice and friendly owners. They make a nice Pinot Noir. They also do a nice Brandy of which is the purpose of my visit when opening the cottage.
Stop by and enjoy

2  Thank smed88
Elke M, Owner at Winegarden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a appreciated review. Looking forward to seeing you again. Cheers !!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Coming from one of Canada’s more famous wine regions, imagine our surprise to find a winery located on the windy shores of New Brunswick. Although not the traditional tourist season we found the winery to be warm and hospitable, with a good selection of grape and fruit wines. The tastings were informal, with good conversation. And of course we walked out with a couple of bottles of the best wine in New Brunswick.

1  Thank Michael W
Elke M, Owner at Winegarden Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

It was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for your visit and review. Cheers !

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous experience at the winery this summer! The annual Winefest is a must-do when visiting NB! The friendly staff are happy to pour samples and recommend something to please everyone. The 10-yr-old brandy was a real treat!
We recommend a nice bottle of Cabernet Franc with friends. Then kick up your heels at the lively barn dance where several talented musicians will entertain you all afternoon! Winefest offers something for everyone. We'll definitely be back!

2  Thank Amy G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Just learning the ins and outs of Trip Advisor therefor it took me some time to respond. Please note that the 19th annual Winefest is coming up on August 12,18, hope you can make it again. Have a wonderful summer ~ Cheers !

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have visited most of the wineries in NB over the years. This is the best one—delicious blends and varietals, the the service couldn’t be better—knowledgeable and friendly

1  Thank Martha S
Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

Hello Martha,

thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your visit to Winegarden. We appreciated your visit and feedback :) Greetings from sunny Baie Verte, until we meet again ~ Cheers Elke

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Vacationing in the area, we stumbled upon this place in our adventure. As soon we came in we were greeted by a staff member who was very friendly.

She took the time to give us a bit of history of the place and where she is from (very sweet German lady) She also asked about us and she was absolutely wonderful to speak with.

She asked us what kind of wine we liked and gave us a few samples (no charge). I fell in love with the blueberry wine and the strawberry rubarb wine. My wife absolutely loved the pear wine and wild berries. Very refreshing, and just a hint of sweetness.

She then poured me a nice sample of the pear schnapps , and wow!!! Amazing. The best schnapps I've ever tasted. Strong and just a hint of sweetness. Great for sipping for after supper.

After putting my wine on the counter I was able to walk around the establishment hassle free. It was like a small masseuse of the place.

At the check out, we were giving contact information and was sent off with a smile and pleasantries. Nothing but professionalism and kindness!

Prices were very reasonable (average 10$ a bottle). They have a huge variety of wine, schnapps and ice wine. Also gifts and souvenirs are availed.

Defiantly a hidden jem in the area. Highly recommend in.

4  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This is a family run winery and distillery that pioneered winemaking in a climate much colder than France or California. Some of their wines are fruit wines (blueberry, for example) and some from the more traditional grape. I won't rate the wines for you as that is very much a matter of individual taste, but make sure you try their liqueurs. I was there in the morning with a tour group and decided the maple liqueur was way too sweet even for a liqueur, but when I had it again several days later after dinner I was sorry I hadn't bought any!

4  Thank Marion A
Management response:Responded 3 August 2017

Dear Marion,

we appreciate your feedback. It was such a pleasure hosting your group last month. The Maple Liqueur 30% alc./vol. is a favorite for many. Please keep in mind that we do ship within Canada. Best wishes for a great summer. Cheers from sunny hot Baie Verte New Brunswick. ~ Elke