“Good value”

Dining options: Reservations
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good value”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

An excellent find - unlikely to be disappointed. We found the food excellent and well priced and good guest beers to try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Shalfleet, United Kingdom
“Understated Pub Good Home-cooked Food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Sun at Calbourne is an understated venue with the food being a real treat. Friends and my husband and I have eaten at The Sun several times and the standard is always consistently good. How many times do you come across a 'local' with the sign 'home-cooked food' failing to disguise the freezer origins of every dish. Not at The Sun! all the dishes my friends and I have ordered have been delicious and very good value and service friendly and efficient. The Sunday lunch is really good. I urge everyone, resident and visitor to try The Sun @ Calbourne.

Shropshire
“Pub not to be missed !!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Pub itself is traditional, clean, and inviting.The staff are friendly,helpful and attentive. The atmosphere is warm ,convivial and relaxing. Selection of real ales. Great range of meals to choose from. The menu even offers a wide choice which can be specially prepared for diners with special allergy/dietary requirements.On our fist visit we decided that we would HAVE to leave room for a dessert so we opted for smaller appetite portions which are offered for many of the dishes, SENSIBLE CHOICE. The food, much of it sourced locally, was well cooked , extremely tasty, and a pleasure to eat. . An indication of how important customer satisfaction is was demonstrated when we made a return visit 2 days later.I ordered plaice, A few minutes later I was told that it was unavailable,as when the local fishmonger delivered, Sandra, the chef had refused to accept it as it did not meet her quality requirements. To sum up......A pleasure to visit. !!!

2 Thank t0wbar
Cowes, United Kingdom
“Lovely little country pub”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My brother in law treated my husband and myself to a lovely meal. The food we all had was super (faggots to die for) lovely puds too and service very quick and friendly staff

• Visited September 2013
Buckinghamshire
“Splendid traditional pub - nice range of beer”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lovely traditional pub. Good choice of four nice real ales and some nice cider for my wife. We sat in the garden which is very well set out and very welcoming. Nice views as well. Out very small snacky lunch was just some potatoe wedges. Nice enough but just four little wedges for about £6 ! Good garlic mayo dip with it and small salad ganish.

• Visited September 2013