We visited here at the end of March and had a lovely meal but unfortunately the experience was spoilt by a couple at a table who were dining with their dog. My husband is quite allergic to animals but we thought that if it sat quietly by the radiator then it would be ok. However the dog (and it was a very large husky cross wolf) continually put it's front paws on the table to try and get to the food and when the owner asked the waitress for a plate he was given his own portion to eat on the floor next to the table. Now I like dogs myself but there is a time and place where they should be and when we mentioned it at the bar as we were leaving the lady was very surly and said if she had realised it was a problem then we could have sat elswhere - regardless of the fact that we were already seated when the dog arrived. When we questioned the policy of allowing dogs in the restaurant she informed us that we hadn't been sitting in the restaurant merely dining tables! My husband runs his own catering business and we are well aware of food and hygiene regualtions and probably would not have taken it further had we been treated with a bit of courtesy however in light of the arrogant attitiude of the staff I have informed the local council of our experience. Such a shame as the food was lovely and the landlord very chatty when we first arrived but our experience has ensured that we (and our many friends and family who live and holiday on the Island) will not be visiting here again.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.