“Afternoon tea”

Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: WE ARE CLOSED "Le The Vert" is a cafe, restaurant and salon de the in the beautiful village of Daglan in the heart of the Perigord Noir. I run it from my family home and offer a warm and friendly welcome to locals and tourists alike. Our menu is built around fresh, homemade and seasonal food. We offer a range of teas, coffees and cold drinks, with a three course meal at lunchtime and sandwiches and lighter meals served up to 17h00. We also have scones and a daily choice of homemade biscuits and cakes. Specialities include Chilli wraps (meat and vegetarian), Curry and rice (chicken or vegetarian) and Cheese fondue. Children are made very welcome. We have a small area set aside for them to play with colouring, blackboard, books, train set and games so that everyone can relax and enjoy their time with us. There is also a high chair and baby change facilities. Although we don't have a children's menu we are happy to provide half portions at half prices of items on the menu.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

After strolling through Daglan, taking photographs and visiting the church, we enjoyed a welcome cup of tea and freshly baked plum-crumble! The English owner assisted us with what to do with a parking ticket we got in Domme. If you ever receive a parking ticket (ours was €17), dont fret. Go to a Tobacco/Presse shop and buy the €17-stamp and post it! All sorted! A lovely tearoom indeed!!

Judith T, Owner at Le The Vert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your review - we aim to look after our customers!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Friendly staff en very tasty food. It's a small restaurant with a very good service and great food. We different the salades and they where all very tasty. It's the only restaurant in de Dordogne where you can get a real Cappuccino.

Judith T, Manager at Le The Vert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Le Thé Vert - we are very proud of our cappuccinos!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Biked along Le Ceou from Castlenaud to have lunch at Le The Vert. It looked lovely from the outside and the friendly staff were happy to move a few tables around to accommodate our party of six. The menu choices were good and I really enjoyed my jacket potato, the portions were very generous. It's a shame there is not a menu for children, but as my 5 and 6 year old sons had used a lot of energy biking, they managed to eat an adults portion each with a little help from their Dad! They also loved their chocolate ice cream for dessert. The selection of toys including a train track was a great addition to the cafe, the boys were able to play while they waited for their meals instead of being bored at the table. The toilets were also clean! I would highly recommend this cafe and will definitely be returning next August when we visit the Dordogne, and ordering another red fruits pot of tea - delicious!

Judith T, Owner at Le The Vert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review - I'm so glad your family enjoyed their visit to Le Thé Vert. I've taken your comments about children's menus on board. We have never had a children's menu because I like everybody who visits us to be able to enjoy our full menu but we have always offered half portions of our food and drink at half price. I'm sorry if this wasn't explained to you at the time. This year I've made it clear on the menu that this is the case.
I look forward to seeing you again later in the year.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I'm not going to be a party pooper- this is a great little place and the best of luck to them. We were just a bit disappointed by the salads. We know that in this part of France a salad means a plate of lettuce with a sprinkling of walnuts and whatever pile of preserved meats is necessary to keep the local producers happy. One of the joys of the English summer, and they are admittedly few, is the beautifully varied range of fresh salads cafes, restaurants and even supermarkets provide. I was really looking forward to choosing 3 lovely salads from a salad bar or similar with my excellent tarte provencale, so the fact that the 3 salads were lettuce, grated carrot and chopped cabbage was a pity, I thought.

Come on folks - this is another area in which you can really wow the locals! Show them what our cuisine is made of!

Judith T, Owner at Le The Vert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our tea shop. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with our choice of salads. I do understand that the carrot and orange salad and the white cabbage with cumin dressing can look a little uninspiring but do taste delicious. Unfortunately we are too small an establishment to provide a salad bar but we do change our choice of salads daily.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

A lovely friendly place. We had breakfast here and the bacon and egg sandwich was delicious. The children enjoyed the mini chocolate crossaints and the great little play area. The adults could sit and chat whilst the children played in the kids corner.

Judith T, Owner at Le The Vert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to us. Thank you for your review.