“"Beautiful Retreat"”

Guildford River Retreat
Ranked #2 of 4 Guildford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with fantastic customer service. The staff were very welcoming and room clean and spacious. Grounds are large and well-kept.

Location is excellent, a five minute drive from the airport and a short walk to the train line to the city. Also, there are many cafes in the vicinity.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in lovely surrounds at a very reasonable price. Great for business travellers due to the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a lovely experience staying at the Guildford River Retreat. It was hard to believe I was so close to Perth city centre, as this little gem is tucked away in a beautiful river-side location that makes it private and secluded!

Emogene and Hayley were so welcoming and attentive, accommodating my very late night international arrival with a welcome note and detailed instructions on how to find my room. Best of all it was so convenient for getting too and from the airport - only 5 minutes! They suggested a nice route for me to explore the neighbourhood on foot - what a stunning property and surrounding area (including some nice cafes, 2nd hand book shop and antique stores).

The room was first-class; immaculate, with lovely modern decor and a small kitchenette. I enjoyed a delicious cooked breakfast and was given advice on how to get into the city for a business meeting (which was a convenient and pleasant 20 minute journey by train).

I would highly recommend for couples, individuals or even business people (like me) looking for something with a bit more character! I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I had a really relaxing time at Guildford River Retreat which was only a short distance from the airport. Our room was lovely - spacious and comfortable, and to top it off the premises had lovely gardens and a pool. It was a bonus being so close to the train and only a short walk to shops and restaurants where we had some great meals.
Very friendly service! Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staff really friendly, place really welcoming, quite comfy, enjoyed the accommodation immensely, had a dip in the pool. Was quite lovely, felt very at home here and I would stay here again. Very much now considered my home away from home in perth!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at Guildford River Retreat when I landed in Perth after 30 hours straight travel. I was welcomed by the owners and made to feel at home right away. I initially planned on staying for one night before I began traveling around WA but found myself there for 4 days. The rooms are comfortable and clean and if you just want to relax, lie around the pool and recharge your batteries then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'd highly recommend Guildford River Retreat - a lovely place to stay and very comfortable. I was particularly pleased with how well located it was, close to the airport and trains. I had a lovely time and was impressed by how clean and well appointed the rooms were. The staff were very friendly and welcoming too. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed at Guildford River Retreat every time I have been to Perth, which would be around nearly 8 times over the past two years for business and also for pleasure! As it is so close to the airport and easy to get into the city, it has been perfect for work trips. In fact, I referred this accommodation onto our HR department, who now books all of my colleagues to stay here when we travel to Perth! I stayed there in January when I was over for a wedding. Being such a hot time of year, having access to the pool and canoes on the river was just perfect! Will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chloegjedsted
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guildford
The Rose & Crown Hotel
#1 of 4 in Guildford
Kellers Bed & Breakfast
Discovery Parks - Swan Valley
The Colony at Mandoon Estate

Been to Guildford River Retreat? Share your experiences!