“Smashing Breakfast Superb”

Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Guildford
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Simple Pleasures" A hidden gem in Guildford serving up Spanish Tapas from noon and breakfast on weekends. Come and join us for a drink or a bite to eat and be serendipitously amused. You'll find us on the corner of James & Bank Streets; opposite the Iconic Alfred's Kitchen and just a little further east from the Historic Guildford Pub. Ample parking is available down Bank Street and at the rear of the restaurant.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had breakfast at this place 1 week ago and would have to say it was absolutely superb. The size of meal, quality of food, value for money and service was very good. Have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to any one. Nice way to start a Sunday. All round excellent and a place I would go back to.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love the breakfast there and they make good coffee. Nice way to start a Sunday morning off. The staff are friendly polite and the owner she is very lovely

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Man, I was so looking forward to coming to try the place out. I had seen so many reviews on TripAdvisor and had high hopes. I arrived and the waitress seemed nice enough. The menu is really nicely set out with instructions and help in understanding the language barrier between English and Spanish tapas lingo. I was served well, initially. I soon realised, after I was given my food, that the place was catering to the ladies of leisure in the community and that they took precedence. I had one drink. I are and finished and sat there with my plate sitting, empty, in front of me for a good 20 mins. After the girl took the plates away, she didn't offer the dessert menu. I had seen her extend the courtesy to the ladies on an adjacent table, but my sugar-addict needs went without being satiated. Very disappointed. Bravas were good but the bits of potato could be bigger and more like gems than crisps. The olives could be more plentiful for the price. What a pity.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great place for a small to medium group. The tapas is interesting and very tasty, and reasonably diverse. Quite filing too. Food presentation was excellent. With Gluten free items for those who are intolerant. I liked the decor, casual but classy. The staff were friendly and helpful and our food was served in good time. Jezebels will be added to my favorite places to eat. Great to see a local restaurant doing it right!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I had a really enjoyable lunch today. We had a 115pm booking and the place was full. We were seated at our table and a waitress fully explained the menu to us, served us water and left us to browse the menus. The restaurant seemed a trendy spot and was set out really well. A couple were singing some great Jass and the seating was so comfy. The food was outstanding, the wine and beer hit the spot, and the staff were helpful with their advice. The only flaw was after our initial order, we found it a tad hard to get service for desert and coffee. We were sitting up the front door end of the restaurant, but as I said earlier, it was full and you could see the staff were busy. Well done to all, it was so relaxing and enjoyable. We will be back for sure. Thx

2  Thank mike8860