“Delicious food in a quaint setting”
Review of Madison Cottage

Madison Cottage
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Guildford
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food in a quaint setting”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I went to Maddison Cottage for high tea and we had a wonderful time. The sandwiches, scones and tasty tidbits were delicious. Service was friendly and intimate, with unlimited tea pots and a variety of types being served. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Gabriel11

Texas
“Enjoyable Tea Spot”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We visited Madison Cottage after our day in the Swan Valley. The decor was most interesting.

The young ladies behind the counter were friendly and happy to be of assistance.

We sat outside for a long time while three of our group enjoyed the local market.

The milkshakes were excellent as were the muffins. Unfortunately the scones had already sold out.

The service was a bit slow, but this was not a problem as we were in no hurry.

I would like to return one day and try the scones.

• Visited February 2014
“A lovely treat”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited this place last year on my birthday and my son had to order the high tea a few days ahead. The experience was lovely - a beautifully presented high tea served on lovely china.

There was a lovely assortment of sweet and savoury, hot pastries, sandwiches, cakes, macaroons all of which were very fresh and tasty. There was a nice selection of loose leaf teas and they also served a jug of iced peach tea which was delicious. The high tea for 2 persons was very filling and we struggled to finish the last few mouthfuls.

I enjoyed browsing their gift shop and found some items that I haven't seen elsewhere. I agree with other TA reviewers that it is a small place and yes, I found it to be somewhat cramped inside. When we arrived we were offered a table inside near the window which I found to be claustrophobic and hot, but there was no problem switching to a table outside which I would highly recommend. The service overall was very good and we didn't have to wait a long time for tea to be served although it was mid-week, and I assume this place could be very busy on weekends. Well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful, quaint, pretty cafe and wonderful service”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Today my friend and I visited Maddison Cottage for the first time, and what a beautiful establishment . It's welcoming, quaint, shabby chic and so pretty, and the service was excellent.
I love that the prices are reasonable, considering how high prices are at the moment in Perth. We had the scones with jam and cream and it was so light it melted in my mouth - absolutely delicious.
We enjoyed our surroundings and spent a good few hours over a couple of cups of coffee, a pot of tea and scones, and not once did we feel rushed to eat and drink up and move on. It also is a gorgeous gift shop with some lovely unique pieces to buy. It is situated in Guildford which is fairly historical place, with other book and antique shops to visit.

Sent from my iPad

• Visited February 2014
Bridgetown WA
“Like being in France!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very cute, very small, very nice :-). Very French right down to the accordion music playing in the background. Really enjoyed this little place.

Visited January 2014