“My cup of Tea”

Dining options: Reservations
Gold Coast, Australia
“My cup of Tea”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My Husband had 'discovered' this quaint little Cafe before I had moved here and told me he had found a really lovely place for me to go and try their Devonshire Tea. He knows how I love 'cute' 'something different' 'intimate café's' that serve excellent food and coffee to match.

We arrived mid afternoon and it was quiet except for one table being occupied out the back with people enjoying High Tea. A lovely sunny Winter afternoon yesterday so we chose a table outside for my Husband, Son and I to soak up the atmosphere of the place. He chose well and I loved it there, just wish I had more time to enjoy before we had to be somewhere else.

The three of us had Devonshire Tea and I had a skinny flat white. It's a BIG call but I would go so far as to say this may have been the BEST flat white, scone, home made strawberry jam and real cream I have had! Soooo good, I have to go back for more!

I am hoping to take my Daughter there when she comes over from the UK and try out and compare their High Tea with the other ones we have had around the World, it's what we love to do :) I'm sure she will love this place as much as I did.

I was also tempted by the delicious looking home made cakes displayed in the cabinet on the counter, I just have to go back many times so I can try it all. The Staff were lovely and efficient too adding to a great first time visit.

As a bonus there are some great shops just along James Street to browse or buy 'something different'. Can't wait to go to Guildford again :)

• Visited August 2014

West Darlington
“Cute as...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I wasn't going in because it looked too girly! But my wife insisted. This is a cute little venue on the James Street cafe strip and if you love a nice High Tea, you'll enjoy this. My wife had English breakfast tea in a pot, I had a coffee, and we indulged in scones, jam and cream. What's not to like on a sunny winter Sunday. The service is very good. It's more your homely cottage style place than your feverish high end Jezebelle which is just down the road. Friendly and authentic service. Really glad I was dragged in. A bloke trying to impress his wife on her birthday could do worse than this. She'll think you're a SNAG! The local anti-progress association vandals have been spraying their boring political slogans all over the remnants of the old Guildford Hotel these past few years, one of the only blips on the James Street vibe. If you can avert your eyes as you go past this, you'll find your way to Madison Cottage, a welcome part of James Street.

• Visited July 2014
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food in a quaint setting”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I went to Maddison Cottage for high tea and we had a wonderful time. The sandwiches, scones and tasty tidbits were delicious. Service was friendly and intimate, with unlimited tea pots and a variety of types being served. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Gabriel11
Texas
“Enjoyable Tea Spot”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We visited Madison Cottage after our day in the Swan Valley. The decor was most interesting.

The young ladies behind the counter were friendly and happy to be of assistance.

We sat outside for a long time while three of our group enjoyed the local market.

The milkshakes were excellent as were the muffins. Unfortunately the scones had already sold out.

The service was a bit slow, but this was not a problem as we were in no hurry.

I would like to return one day and try the scones.

• Visited February 2014
Perth, Australia
“A lovely treat”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited this place last year on my birthday and my son had to order the high tea a few days ahead. The experience was lovely - a beautifully presented high tea served on lovely china.

There was a lovely assortment of sweet and savoury, hot pastries, sandwiches, cakes, macaroons all of which were very fresh and tasty. There was a nice selection of loose leaf teas and they also served a jug of iced peach tea which was delicious. The high tea for 2 persons was very filling and we struggled to finish the last few mouthfuls.

I enjoyed browsing their gift shop and found some items that I haven't seen elsewhere. I agree with other TA reviewers that it is a small place and yes, I found it to be somewhat cramped inside. When we arrived we were offered a table inside near the window which I found to be claustrophobic and hot, but there was no problem switching to a table outside which I would highly recommend. The service overall was very good and we didn't have to wait a long time for tea to be served although it was mid-week, and I assume this place could be very busy on weekends. Well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013