“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in South Perth
Bunbury, Australia
“Great stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the Metro and have been impressed both times.
The Hotel is in a good location in South Perth being 15min from airport, 10min from Perth CBD and easy 20-25min from Fremantle, also easy access to Kwinana freeway to head north or south of Perth. Attractions within easy drive are Perth Zoo, Kings Park. The Metro has been here longer than I can remember but has undergone renovation to modernise the rooms and facilities. Check in at reception was smooth and easy with great, freindly staff.
I stayed in a Superior River View room which provides, as you would expect by the name, a good view of the river and Perth CBD which looks great at night. The room was very clean, spacious with a very comfortable king(?) bed. Tea and coffee making facilities and a small fridge are provided.
I did not eat at the restuarant but did have both evening meal and breakfast from room service. I could not fault the food. It was cooked well, good serving size and was delivered in a timely manner.
I found all staff from reception to service to houskeeping to be very freindly and professional.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The River View rooms are certainly the best as beside the view they are also on the north side of th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Pirate63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is located on the canning highway and you can walk into central perth in about 40 minutes.

I stayed in a studio room which was quite large and had suitable furnishings. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a bath as well as a separate shower.

The restaurant served decent meals but expensive. Breakfast was a buffet which was quite good.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors to reduce traffic noise. A/C was not too good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank leanneandtony
Perth
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at Metro Hotel last night as we went to a wedding in Applecross and thought we would use our taxi money for a hotel stay!

Check in was smooth and the room was lovely and spacious with fabulous views of the city. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We were very impressed with the size of the room and the bed was extremely comfortable. Great location too on Canning Highway.

We had a lovely stay and will be back. Even on check out the girl who checked me in the day prior remembered we had a wedding and asked me how it was! The little things make the difference.

Two thumbs up for this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for river view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RandC1841
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Metro in South Perth is very well positioned to access all areas of Perth. There are many great walking paths along the South Perth foreshore. Walking distance from the Perth Zoo, easy access to the Airport. Short drive to the city and Kings Park. Secure undercover parking! which is rare with hotels in the CBD.
We had an executive room with balcony and city views. The room is a good size and the ensuite is not bad, with shower and bath tub.
I have stayed here a few times and now won't stay and where else.
I have stayed in several city centre hotels which advertise "parking available" to find out there is none any end up paying and extra $40 a night just to park my car....... a 5 min walk down the road.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brian g
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights between christmas and new year and was impressed with everything about the stay. Tastefully decorated room, with city view, nice lobby and pool area, fantastic staff all made this stay memorable. Would certainly reccomend, and will be back for another stay sometime in the future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan C
CIrvin, General Manager at Metro Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back at our property when next you visit.
western australia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My Mum and I stayed for 2 nights in this Hotel.
I chose it due to close proximity to family, easy to get to from Canning Highway and close to everything I required.
The staff were friendly, professional and the room was airy, clean and cool with 2 huge KS beds. The bed was firm which is what I like, the windows have block out curtains to keep the room cool with the aid of A/C.
Although there are renovations going on in the carpark and generally to refurbish the rooms, it appeared quiet as it was over Christmas period.
I got a great deal on WOTIF for the accommodation.
Our room was a 'Deluxe' which offered views of the city from the small balcony - this room was also away from the traffic noise. The only negative was the noisy fan in the bathroom.
Great place to stay, not 5 star but certainly suits us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kabeelya60
Thank you for your comments; we are looking forward to the completion of our renovations which will host a range of new facilities for our guests. Well done for taking advantage of specials that we list on websites.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at the Metro Hotel Perth for one week, one among the 15-20 I spend every year in hotels.

Interesting first experience in this hotel as the lobby and corridors do not really look like they belong to a hotel. Staff will expedite you check-in.

Room was big and ready, however my room was positioned towards the city with supposedly a good view except the roof of the podium floor would obfuscate most of the view leaving really light to reach the room.

Nothing to say about cleanliness. However room service could pay more attention to details. Had to a light spot bulb broken for the whole week.

Although I have not tested them, the on-site breakfast/dinner facility look pretty sad as you get to see the lonely souls eating right when exiting the elevator on the ground floor.

One last thing – walls are paper thin, I could swear somebody was using my bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
#12 of 64 in Perth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,093 reviews
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth

Been to Metro Hotel Perth? Share your experiences!