“Barrie Drake....good bloke, great apartments.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drake's Apartments with Cars

Drake's Apartments with Cars
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Perth
Drake's Apartments with Cars
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“Barrie Drake....good bloke, great apartments.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I stayed in a lovely 3 bedroom apartment with River Views. The apartment was spotless when we arrived and we had everything that we needed. We were greeted by lovely lady named Karen who I later discovered was the office manager. Both Karen and Barrie made sure that we were comfortable with our accommodations and that we were happy with our car. A Toyota Camry. The car came equiped with a street directory so we were able to find our way around quite easily. They thought of everything!!!! They collected us from the airport with minimum fuss and even dropped us back, even though we had a late flight out! We travel a great deal and found the service offered by Drakes one of the most friendly and helpful we have come across.

Room Tip: book on the internet, much easier!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Christine J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Drake's Holiday apartments don't claim to be top of the range, nor do the cars. What's good is that you get a free airport pick up and delivery, a reliable car and very convenient location. There are different levels of accomodation from the basic to the more upmarket. All of this is explained on the website. We've stayed at the apartments several times and find them good value for money and in a great location

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne88888888
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

Stayed here with family and absolutlry loved it. The apartment was spacious, clean and had everything we needed including washing machine and drier which was very handy with having children. Location was beautiful close to the river. A real home from home experience - it was a comfort going back to our apartment each day to relax after our ventures sightseeing. Would not hesitate in returning. Thank you

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

I telephoned Drakes at approximately 12.30 pm to check whether they had a vacancy for the night. I was advised by someone who announced himself as Barry Drake that I needed to make a reservation over the internet. When I said that I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a reservation nd that I just wanted to know if there were any vacancies, Barry told me that they didn't accept telephone reservations and I should apply over the internet and they'd let me know if there were any vacancies. As I was anxious about getting a bed for the night I completed the internet request for an apartment, which required me to provide my credit card details. I received an automated response telling me that I'd be advised later whether or not I had a reservation.

No more than half an hour later I was obliged to try and cancel the reservation (that had yet to be confirmed) Another call to Barry followed. I tried to explain the situation and cancel the potential reservation and ascertain how much, if anything, would be charged to my credit card. Barry told me that people like me were the reason they didn't take telphone reservations, he didn't know what I'd be charged and that if I'd read the terms and conditions I would know anyway. He then slammed the phone down on me.

A third call followed immediately - Barry then told me that he was not actually at the hotel, but talking from his mobile in the car and had no intention of holding a conversation with me. When I asked how I could talk directly to the hotel (I was calling on the only number provided) he advised me that I couldn't speak to anyone else, they were too busy dealing with paperwork and reservations and that I'd just have to wait and see what would be charged to my credit card.

I then tried to e-mail the hotel but discovered there was no e-mail address on their website and that the only means of communication were either through the single phone number provided, ie try and have a fourth conversation with Barry, or through the internet enquiry system which would not process any contact without the provision of a credit card number.

This whole process occurred within a period of abut an hour and a half. I still have no idea if my card is being charged.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
14 Thank Olivia4809

Travellers are raving about these South Perth hotels

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

I had the most pleasurable stay at Drake's Apartments with Cars. Fantastic location. Great Service. Beautiful walks near the river right on your doorstep. Clean and tidy facilities. Would definately recommend/stay here again! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Stayed at Drakes apartments for 4 days during February and we had the worse experience ever! The rooms are old and needs refurbishment, the cars needs repairing and the service was terrible. If you are lucky enough to deal with the owner of the property Mr B Drakes then be prepared for the most arrogant and obnoxiuos person you have ever met. Drakes apartments make visitors feel unwelcome! You better off staying in a caravan park!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank BBFunny
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

I stayed at drakes apartments with some friends from overseas - we had a two bedroom apartment and a car - it was great - the apartment had everything we needed for our stay - we initially booked for four days and ended us staying two weeks. The apartment was well equipped and because we had a car they picked us up at the airport at 3 in the morning - a great service. We found this to be great value given that it was a nice area, good car and an airport transfer service.
It was a lovely location as close to the river and all facilities. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to go back there in 2010.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Perth CBD
COMO The Treasury
COMO The Treasury
#1 of 81 in Perth

Been to Drake's Apartments with Cars? Share your experiences!