“Greeat people, great place, excellent value & location”

Drake's Apartments with Cars
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Perth
Drake's Apartments with Cars
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in South Perth
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I stay here all the time when I'm in Perth for business. Great service - get picked up at the airport (which is very close) on arrival and dropped off when departing in the car I use while I stay there. I've always found the staff to be nothing but exceptionally polite and helpful and the apartments I've stayed in are spotless, comfortable adn well maintained. Same witht he cars. It's real close to the city and business areas... but noting's too far away in Perth anyway. The best thing about Drake's is the consistently high level of service. I have yet to find something I don't like. Highly recommend this place... can't quite see that other reviewers think they've seen here - perhaps their reviews ar emore a reflectiion of themselves than the venue?
ppom

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2009

My friend stayed here before so they recommended me to stay. As I did not do any research for accommodations, I decided to give this place a try.I stayed here for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom apartment. When I walked into the entrance, there is a very small stove for me to cook but cutleries, pots and pans are provided. When I cook I'll have to open the windows or the whole place will smell with the food's stench. Before we check out,everything has to be washed thoroughly or else we'll be charged,same applies to the whole place (keep the place neat).I was unhappy that my credit card got charged even though I did not make a mess of the place after I check out.The beds are average.Each room has a double bed. The toilet is very old and stained.The car I rent was a hatchback, which is an old model but it's okay.I need to refill the fuel before I check out. If I failed to do so,they'll charge my credit card again. The staffs are not very friendly so another thumbs down from me. The only good thing about the place is that it is near a park where I can go for afternoon walks. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that'll make me choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank rihyy9
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Firstly the people at the front counter are extremely rude and arrogant. They think they are god sent. THe manager the lady is extremely rude and not at all accomodating. The messy old guy with a pony tail is worse, i remember a specific comment..when i was previewing the apartment " if your here to see the place just see don't ask me" and "if you smoke get out we won't accept you." I suggest everyone to boycott the place and tell your friends never to stay here..because though its cheap its like a cheap [--] motel its dirty, smelly and old. It is better to spend your money elsewhere where the people managing the place are polite and the place clean.
To all asians out there don't even consider it, your better off staying at backpackers if you want a cheap place.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank boboboy
Reviewed 21 May 2007

I'm glad that I'm back in Singapore now! I stayed at a 3 room apartment with my family at Drakes & it was a horrible experience. I was there about 6 years ago & the stay was quite comfortable then. To our disappointment, everything is so different this time round. Understand that furniture & equipment will suffer wear & tear, but just couldn't accept the damaged shower head, the lice & stains on the beddings & sofa & the smell of the fertilizer on the plants placed in the apartments. I was hoping that I don't smell like cow dung in the plane! We were also freezing like anything 'cos the reverse cycle air conditioning wasn't working. Only thing I liked was the dryer in the laundry room. The washing machine was too manual for my parents - luckily I knew how to use it 'cos I used that kind of machine when I was studying in Perth. I promised myself I won't ever stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
12  Thank KoalabearSingapore
Reviewed 5 October 2006

It has been several years since we unfortunately stayed at this property so hopefully it has been refurbished since then. We are a family of four, two adults and two young daughters. The apartment we were given was only a step up from staying in a caravan park. It was old and shabby and the bathroom was more like a public toilet. This bathroom was so old and crappy, I don't think I have seen an older bathroom in anywhere I have ever stayed. Tiles falling off the walls, stained sink with mis-matched taps and rusty pipes, just awful.
We were part of a large group that were staying in various apartments. It is actually not one building but several buildings in a street. There are also permanent residents living in the buldings. Some of our group were also put in a building a few streets away so it was a bit all over the place.
We are off to Perth again next year and I will definitely not be staying here!!

• Stayed: September 2003
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank Aussiejigsnreels
Fraser Suites Perth
#12 of 66 in Perth
Assured Waterside Apartments
#2 of 3 in South Perth

Been to Drake's Apartments with Cars? Share your experiences!