The Black Swan
PremierInn.com
US$140
US$213
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Burn Hall Hotel(Huby)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewstasting menucopper bathscallopsroll top bathamuse bouchehomemade biscuitsox cheekwalk in showerthe great british menukitchen gardenconverted stable blockflavour combinationsmolton brown toiletriesfresh milk in the fridgerestaurant with roomsseparate buildingwine package
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stopped here as a valentines treat. Hotel was wonderful, we was lucky enough to get the room with the copper bath :-). From our arrival to our departure the customer service was superb. The 3 course meal was a delight especially the fillet steak!!! Would definitely return. Many thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I found this little gem online whilst trying to find an early Valentines night away for myself and my other half. I was taken in by the reviews of the food mainly and I was not disappointed. Every item was cooked perfectly we had a parsnip soup appetiser and then I had the scallops. The fillet steak was cooked perfectly and no need for a steak knife. The head chef and his staff were bringing out the meals also which we were told was something new they were trying and I thought it was a really nice touch. They were able to tell us how everything was made and where it all was all from.

The service was perfect we had a minor problem with the hot water in our room which was very quickly fixed by the staff. They still brought us two glasses of champagne for the trouble.

The room was lovely very spacious, the bathroom was beautiful and had under floor heating.

I can't express how much I enjoyed the service here everyone was very friendly and chatty but if you wanted to be left alone they did just that.

I will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed as a treat on Sunday night and the whole experience from when we arrived until when we left was exceptional. Our room was really cosy and warm, with a beautiful bathroom that had underfloor heating, the attention to detail was great, homemade cake & biscuits, Molten Brown toiletries.
The service was very good, with a nice relaxed feel. We both ate from the a la carte menu, I had smoked scallop and Venison, which were amazing, the wine was excellent and reasonably priced.
Can't wait to go again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Not sure what I expected given the Michelin star didn't know if the portions would be adequate. We decided on our first visit to go for a starter, main and desert waw from the starter to the fillet steak main all was sublime one of the best meals I have eaten, service was unobtrusive but on hand whenever needed the detail and descriptions to the ingredients very impressive by our server.

The building is old rustic charm with a real warmth from all the staff.

Cant wait to return and stay in one of the suites.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Food - every mouthful is amazing.
Service - friendly, unobtrusive, relaxed, perfectly pitched - you feel really well looked after without it feeling patronising or fake.
Rooms are also lovely (but this is a restaurant review).
I came with my husband, and we ate from the a la carte menu, having tried the taster menu in the past and not feeling quite up to it this time!
Every course, from the onion soup amuse bouche through to the fabulous cheeseboard, was stunning.
I ate duck (the softest duck breast I have ever tasted) followed by hogget, whilst my husband had scallops and venison (I think).
The accompanying wines were our own choices, although of course the staff are knowledgeable and will make recommendations.
I'd love to return with my very well-behaved 11 and 14 year olds, though sadly (in my opinion) children are not allowed - a plus for some, I realise.
Overall, an immaculate experience.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple