“First visit”

Bistro 62
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My friends and I visited this small bistro on Bedlington High St last night. It is very small and rather crowded and we were given a seat close to the kitchen so I was not sure what to expect. We had a choice of a la carte or bistro menu. We chose off the bistro menu and it was 3 courses for £15.95. It was an excellent choice. The meal was very nicely presented, well cooked and delicious. I have never had such a gorgeous sticky toffee pudding. The staff were also very pleasant. This was my first visit but I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Marjorie B
candice b, Owner at Bistro 62, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We try to make the best of the very small space we have and hopefully we succeed in that! I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and would return.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very small bistro situated in Bedlington. We had been advised to book due to the place being very small and glad we did. The restaurant only seats about 30 so fills up very quickly. We visited on Friday evening and whilst not quite full it wasn't far off it. The portions are generous so unfortunately I wasn't up for trying the excellent looking deserts. I will definitely visit again when i'm next in the area

2  Thank Jeff216
candice b, Owner at Bistro 62, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review! Hopefully we will see you again and you can sample a delicious dessert!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly small bistro serving simply cooked food nicely done. Locally sourced where possible. Friendly service. Reasonably priced Sunday lunches - two sittings.

2  Thank Chris F
candice b, Owner at Bistro 62, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review, although I wish you had explained your reasoning for the average rating.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A lovely little local bistro, which is great for this small-town area. Not a huge amount of covers but this is good for a more intimate experience and it doesn't lack in atmosphere. The only small discomfort we had was how warm it was in there, but it had been a humid day overall and we did adjust to it during the meal.

As a starter we both opted for the Duck, and duck egg hash with HP jus. It was presented well and came out piping hot. The duck egg was perfectly cooked and still runny, and the jus really complimented the dish.

We also both opted for the confit pork belly, scallops, and haggis beignets as a main (we are not always copying each other's meals, honest!) The crispy pork skin was really good and a big piece of pork too! The scallops were perfectly cooked, soft and sweet - went really well with the earthy haggis. The mash was buttery and smooth, with a hint of mustard. The only thing I would say was that it needed a little more sauce than it came with. Perhaps a small jug as extra on the side. I found the meal was getting a little dry towards the end - but it's a minor thing!

I don't usually go for dessert, but feeling a bit indulgent we decided to share a salted caramel cheesecake. I am so glad we did... one of the best desserts I have tasted in a while. Rich, sweet, and the caramel crunch was great.

My other half picked the bottle of red wine, and for the life of me I don't recall what it was but it was incredibly tasty. Very drinkable even on it's own and I would definitely have it again. We paid a little over £70 for the 2 courses, bottle of wine, 1 dessert and a tip!

Overall a good food experience in the north! I'm looking forward to trying out the Sunday lunch which has had great reviews too!

candice b, Owner at Bistro 62, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to see that you had a great evening. I personally think the warm weather we've had lately is hideous! Especially in a restaurant!
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My friend and I went for a meal. She is Coeliac and I am wheat and dairy intolerant. Problems?
Not for this restaurant! They could not have been kinder or more understanding and gave great attention to every little detail. The food was amazing. Top marks. I can't praise them highly enough.

1  Thank SeaEagle10
candice b, Owner at Bistro 62, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review! We were more than happy to cater for your needs and are especially happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience :)