“Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Kohala HA”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

First visit to a Ruth's Chris after hearing so much about them. Good food, typical steakhouse fare prepared very well. Signature HOT plates kept food nice and warm. Extremely friendly and competent waiter.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Very dissapointed in their "non - local" supplied attitude. I wish they would get with the present way of eating, which is Local & Fresh.

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My Husband insisted that I allow him to take me to Ruth Chris for our 8th wedding anniversary. I am very frugal but I agreed.
Well let me say that we had an amazing dinner. We both ordered the Filet medium rare and it was the Best Filet we have ever had. My husband is not a big steak guy but he did his best to eat almost all of it. We were both in heaven with our order. We also split the asparagus & augrautean potatoes. The sides were good but the Steak was amazing.
Our waiter Doug was The Best he brought us flambé strawberries for our anniversary and surprisingly my husband and I each ordered desert. This is something we never do. I had the banana cream pie o. Doug's recommendation it was to die for. My husband ordered the cheesecake and a Ruth Chris coffee with liqueur. We each had a glass of merlot with our meal. Oh and I forgot to say we had the scallops for a appetizer
All and all the meal was amazing but I don't know that I could make it a regular thing since each filet was $50 by itself. Our total bill came to $200 and we left Doug a $50 tip. He was remarkable. He really made our night.
I am eager to try the early bird special next time.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I have never been to Ruth Chris and decided to try it on our vacation. We left feeling disappointed. We have eaten at several upscale steakhouses and felt it was not up to par. After my friends telling me Ruth Chris is the best I was expecting a better dinner. The sides were great but the steaks tasted like Outback Steakhouse. The banana cream pie dessert was great and also the service was fabulous. Maybe I will have to try a Ruth Chris at home to compare.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The food is very pricy but you get delicious food and excellent service also we had a coupon for a free appy worth 17$. The coupons are in all the free coupon books and it is what brought us in and we were so happy we came!