“Lots of seafood”
Review of Clambake - CLOSED

Clambake
Price range: US$41 - US$82
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Portland, Oregon
“Lots of seafood”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had an amazing table right by beach and close to singer. The food was over the top as far as variety. Lobster, crab, shrimp, clams, sushi, prime rib, salads. I ate way too much since it was so good. The price is spendy, but it was a great way to spend our first night in Hawaii. I may not need to eat today. We splurged on the Cakebread wine, so yes, all in all, pretty expensive. Lovely evening!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NanaSandy1947

“Cramp tables but lots of people”
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

All you can eat lobster, it was okay. Their crabs are good too. The fruits wasn't sweet at all, that's the part I'm dissappointed.

The tables were so close together, it's so uncomfortable. But the service was good. The bill, omg, the bill! Thank goodness it was paid for by my husband's company. A soda cost $5!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Come one and All to the Great Ripoff”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

$100 per person, drinks not included. Sat at a table far away from the action and unfortunately, the server. She charged me for 2 glasses of Cakebread Chardonnay at $26 per glass, when I ordered the house, Bogle. When she would not come around to adjust the matter, and it was getting late and cold, I just decreased her tip by the $36 ripoff! Ha ha, great fun. The lobster is not the best ever...not even close and is comprised primarily of the green stuff you dont eat. The prime rib is tough and with gristle. The Shashimi was good and plentiful, as well as the shrimp. It is just not that great and certainly not worth $100 per. My advice is you should save the money and go to the Canoe House at the Mauna Lani.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kimo688889
Cupertino, California
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I am not the kind of person who likes to over eat and pig out. Even at buffet's I do not take more than I can eat, hate wasting food. With that said, $100 is pricey for me a light eater. The lobster served was the main attraction. They are baby main lobsters raise in Hawaii. There was dungeness crab, clams, sashimi, and much more. The quality is decent, but I next time, I prefer to eat at Manta which actually cost less than the clam bake and taste way better.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank TervTraveler
Irvine
“The best lobster ever!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

If you love fresh lobster, then this place is a must! Yes, it's pricey, but it's so worth it! The live lobster is cooked right behind the buffet table so it's served fresh & hot right off the steamer. I didn't try much else because I wanted to eat as much lobster as I could, but their dessert bar is worth mentioning! Yummy ice cream, fresh fruit & a variety of pastries. The location right by the beach with the sunset was amazing & the service was friendly & excellent!

• Visited July 2012