“Lobster tail good, service sucked.”
Review of Clambake - CLOSED

Clambake
Price range: US$41 - US$82
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were accommodated with a table for two, hostess Ginny very friendly, and attentive, lobster was awesome, especially the young man pealing the the lobster for the guest was great, crab legs with hoisin n black beans was good. Unfortunately our server sucked, older hapless lady, was not attentive to us or the two other tables around us we questioned the gratuity automatically being added, server did not deserve it. We asked to have a water pitcher left at the table, one of the other waiters allowed it, our server said absolutely not allowed, took it away and did not come back to fill our water glasses. Atmosphere was nice, and will come back will ask for other server.

2  Thank Staceylac

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had an amazing table right by beach and close to singer. The food was over the top as far as variety. Lobster, crab, shrimp, clams, sushi, prime rib, salads. I ate way too much since it was so good. The price is spendy, but it was a great way to spend our first night in Hawaii. I may not need to eat today. We splurged on the Cakebread wine, so yes, all in all, pretty expensive. Lovely evening!

1  Thank NanaSandy1947
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

All you can eat lobster, it was okay. Their crabs are good too. The fruits wasn't sweet at all, that's the part I'm dissappointed.

The tables were so close together, it's so uncomfortable. But the service was good. The bill, omg, the bill! Thank goodness it was paid for by my husband's company. A soda cost $5!!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

$100 per person, drinks not included. Sat at a table far away from the action and unfortunately, the server. She charged me for 2 glasses of Cakebread Chardonnay at $26 per glass, when I ordered the house, Bogle. When she would not come around to adjust the matter, and it was getting late and cold, I just decreased her tip by the $36 ripoff! Ha ha, great fun. The lobster is not the best ever...not even close and is comprised primarily of the green stuff you dont eat. The prime rib is tough and with gristle. The Shashimi was good and plentiful, as well as the shrimp. It is just not that great and certainly not worth $100 per. My advice is you should save the money and go to the Canoe House at the Mauna Lani.

2  Thank Kimo688889
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I am not the kind of person who likes to over eat and pig out. Even at buffet's I do not take more than I can eat, hate wasting food. With that said, $100 is pricey for me a light eater. The lobster served was the main attraction. They are baby main lobsters raise in Hawaii. There was dungeness crab, clams, sashimi, and much more. The quality is decent, but I next time, I prefer to eat at Manta which actually cost less than the clam bake and taste way better.

1  Thank TervTraveler