“Oscars Review - Wake”
Review of Oscar's

Oscar's
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Calverton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: OSCAR'S LOUNGE & RESTAURANT Recently refurbished and nestled in the Nottingham village of Calverton, experience exceptional dining at value for money prices. Oscar's provides a relaxed and friendly ambience, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You can enjoy cocktails and snacks in our lounge with live entertainment on Friday evenings or have a meal within our unique dining area. Oscar's is the ideal destination for leisurely lunch, an intimate or group dinner and special celebrations. Our new contemporary function suite is also available for hire for up to 150 guests providing ideal space for weddings, private parties and corporate events. Only 15 minutes from Nottingham City Centre with close proximity to surrounding areas of Woodborough, Lowdham and Mapperley, Oscar's is well situated with convenient private parking. Our Chefs make fresh traditional and gastro food with a modern twist that is informal, fun and homely. Dishes range from Egg Benedict, Classic BLT, Steak and Ale Pie, Lobster to Classic Indian Thali. There are a range of offers in the Week and on Sundays, when we offer our succulent traditional Roast Dinners in addition to our full menu.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oscars Review - Wake”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although the visit was for my Father's wake, the owner (Sandip) pulled out all the stops to accommodate approximately 25 of us at short notice.

All who visited later commented on how nice the ambiance, food and service all were.

Given that we are local, this was not our first visit and nor will it be the last. Indeed, a number of guests at the wake said they would be booking in the future as a result of their visit last week.

DR

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice venue”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Attended a wake at Oscar's. The venue itself is lovely and the food that was provided was of great quality and variety.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“nice food, nice deco, but the sweet is just not very right”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a day out near Nottingham and checked for somewhere to have dinner via trip advisor, and we found this restaurant got quite a high rank and close to the place where we were, so we decided to have a try.
When we entered the restaurant, it was a wow, because it was so beautifully deco, the staff brought us to our table, literally I was not very happy with the table because it is just very close to the kitchen door. my husband's seat was just 1/4 in front of the kitchen door and when the staffs get through, they can't push the door to harsh otherwise will hurt my husband. It was a weekday and the restaurant was not busy at all, I don't understand why they don't give us a better table. The starters and main courses were very tasty and well presented. I ordered sweet and sour pork ball with salad as a starter, my husband ordered soup of the day. The pork ball was tasty but I don't think they should named it 'sweet and sour' because I didn't find it sweet and sour. But the salad was quite tasty. For main course I ordered a sea bass, it was very very tasty, the skin was so crisp, the fish was very tender and juicy, the seasoning was just perfect. My husband had the fillet steak, the steak was very tender and juicy as well, we were very happy with the main course in there.
But I don't know what's going on with the sweet. I ordered a cheesecake, they cut the cheesecake into three smaller size, try to create some presentation that I don't really enjoy ( it was a lot worse than simply put a piece of cheesecake on a plate ) , and put it on a plain round plate with some unknown white sauce, whilst the other desserts just presented so beautiful that I saw in other tables ( but the cheesecake on other tables also presented very bad ) Literally the taste was quite good but I just don't know why there could be so big different between the dessert in the restaurant.
Then when we had the bill. I checked the bill and found they over-charge the bill. I was not very happy with this and just to remind people who go there, please check your bill before you leave.

In conclusion, the food was nice (except the sweet), the place was nice, but the service was just not very right ... ...

1 Thank Edith_Wong
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Little Gem in Calverton”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great food, service and quality. The place was clean, well decorated, the staff were great and the food was brilliant. 2 course for £15.95 or 3 for £18.95. They also have different menus for the bar area, cheese plates to snack on, breads etc...it's just a really nice place to eat with lots of choice and great value. Enjoy!

United Kingdom
“Looking forward to coming again”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We went here for our 25th wedding anniversary lunch with family. We hadn't been before but after reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to give it a try. It was important that everything was just right and as it turned out it was very good.
We all had 3 courses. Each course was beautifully presented, interesting and very tasty. No one had any complaints.
The only slight downside was that we were the only table in there so not much atmosphere. It didn't detract from the meal though.
The restaurant is near to our family so we look forward to eating here on many occasions in the future.

• Visited March 2014