We stopped off here after a sporting event in Glastonbury, on our way home to Plymouth. When we arrived we stated we were having something to eat to be told there would be a delay in receiving our food as they were preparing turkey's!? It was not busy, about half a dozen people we could see. When our food arrived, it did not look very appetizing. My son had the Italian crockpot, this was over cooked or overheated in the microwave and looked and tasted vile. I had a steak (with a mushroom and brandy sauce which was obviously out of a packet and microwaved). My partner had surf and turf which again was practically inedible. The worst thing was realising that the bottom of the plates were absolutley filthy and greasy. When I complained the waiter said it was because they had not put salt in the dishwasher as they had run out! Do not waste good money by eating here go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterloo Cross Hotel, on the border of Devon and Somerset, is a charming and friendly inn with 11 en-suite rooms. The Waterloo Cross is easily accessed, just five minutes from the M5, but also boasts a beautiful countryside setting. The hotel offers a traditional pub experience with a cosy interior and outside seating for the summer months. Cullompton is a great location for exploring both neighbouring counties or for hiding away for rest and relaxation. We serve pub food all day if you are looking for a meal or snack, or you can just relax in a cosy corner with a pint of real ale or glass of wine. Hotel accommodation room rates include our fantastic breakfast and free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Waterloo Cross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterloo Cross Hotel Cullompton
- Waterloo Cross Uffculme, Devon